PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Flight-Deck habits

DanAir1-11
5th Feb 2004, 17:36
Have you ever flown on a regular basis with anyone whom had really annoying habits?? I used to occasionally fly with a chap whom insisted on bringing along his tuna sandwiches. Wasn't too bad until you left to go aft, then upon return to the deck it HIT you, used to make me feel quite ill. Also (in the good old days) used to have one chap whom visited the FD religiously, actually knew him by his first name!, He used to ask us precisely the same question on every occasion "What's the difference between QNH and QFE" ?? just being freindly I expect, but it got to be almost amusing after the Nth time. He apparently used to have a crystal set and listened to various comms all day!.

Captain Over
5th Feb 2004, 18:22
:yuk:

Nose-Pickers. Enuff said.

.....Get a tissue, ya bloody pigs!!

:yuk:

Jerricho
5th Feb 2004, 18:35
Crashing?

(Or is that not funny?)

Anthony Carn
5th Feb 2004, 19:06
Some of the following require the understanding that a great many of the switches, knobs and controls in a cockpit are handled by all of it's occupants............

Low frequency bathers.

Coughers, usually loud, but with the intercom still on (OW!)

Ditto whistlers or hummers.

Greasy paws. Some guys must rub Brylcreem into their hands. Gets everywhere. YUK!

Messy eaters who leave bits of crew meal on switches, knobs, sunvisors etc. Crew meals are bad enough, without smearing them around the cockpit.

Open mouth eaters.

Simultaneous eaters, chewers and talkers. (sloppy pronunciation with a vengeance). Intercom as above. Fallout spitting an optional extra.

"Open air" sneezers. Very "pretty" if the sun catches the spray just right. Ah! So that's how infected nasal fluid droplets get ingested.

Zit pickers. Zit juice is apparently a transmitter of zits. Great.

Magazine/newspaper readers who fail to monitor the aeroplane.

Incompetent landings. You've got a license.....prove it.

F/O's who think they should be Captain. Fair enough, if they have the ability, but............

So I'm very easy going, as you can see. :rolleyes: :O :E

Onan the Clumsy
5th Feb 2004, 22:25
I got half way through that last post and I said "I bet this is from Anthony" :ok:

Try flying a group of skydivers (including the airplane owner) and having to listen to all their 'well intended' advice on exactly how to fly the aeroplane. :mad:

Dan What IS the difference? :E

fernytickles
5th Feb 2004, 22:52
Captain Over

Couldn't agree more - the nosepicker was stunning in his lack of inhibitions. The crew coming in after him would wipe down the cockpit thoroughly to remove the unwanted little lumps - bleurrgh :yuk:

Anthony Carn
6th Feb 2004, 00:17
I've flown skydivers, Onan, as you know.

Their obnoxious "habits" seem to chiefly relate to a failure of normal bowel and bladder control, ranging from partial to complete. :ugh:

Wonder why that is ?

Their other habits, such as turning the fuel off before exiting or leaving with the ignition key did'nt work on yours truly. My first check ride included a thorough briefing on their little bits of "fun".

I also made sure that they knew that I could make life far less pleasant for them than they could for me. :E

Monkey_Breath
6th Feb 2004, 00:24
How about talking and/or breathing?

I find both of these very annoying in flight deck

West Coast
6th Feb 2004, 05:29
For the early morning departures, guys who try to engage in social talk before the sun comes up.
Guys who drink soo much water that EVERY leg they have to do the walk of shame leaving me sucking on the O2.
Not turning off the ICC when eating, I dont need to know what granola sounds like in stereo in my ears.

flapsforty
6th Feb 2004, 05:44
*Ding Dong*

"Flaps here"

"Flapper Darling, we will not last another minute without caffe´ne. Would you please....?"

"One black, one with sugar coming up"

*knock knock, sound of door lock disengaging, me entering cockpit with 2 hot cuppas*

"What the f*ck, you farted!"

*sound of hyena like laughter*

"Told you didn't I? She always smells it! Bwahahaha"

:rolleyes: