PDA

View Full Version : C310 Fire Warning

boofhead
5th Feb 2004, 11:26
Can someone tell me if the C310 requires a fire warning or extinguisher system for the engines or nacelles when registered in NZ?
Or a list of ADs applicable to that airplane in NZ?
Thanxalot.

High Altitude
6th Feb 2004, 07:25
Would think the answer is NO.

In oz not required and pretty similar system.

Basically in Oz if it came out the factory with it it must be fitted. Just imported a 402C from OS and had to fit the detection system as CASA required it. Funny though the PA31 doesn't need one???

404 Titan
6th Feb 2004, 10:04
High Altitude

Always scratched my head at the logic of having to have a detection system without an extinguishing system in a C402C. If you are in the cruise there is little you can do about it except turn the fuel off and point it towards the ground in a hurry. Chances of the wing falling off are very high.

jamec
6th Feb 2004, 14:17
Whilst I agree that both of the above A/C types SHOULD have both a fire detection and extinguisher system, the installed (excuse the pun) weight would have to be weighed against the past history of accident related fires. I think that the reasoning behind PA31 Vs C402 w/out-with a fire detection system is that on the C402 the turbo is bolted to the spar where the PA31 has a stainless firewall.

jamec