PDA

View Full Version : WIZZ Air

stallwarning...stall
5th Feb 2004, 05:23
hi everybody,

does anybody know something about this new low-cost airline and maybe about their interview/assessment?
I am thankful for every hint.

so long,
stallwarning...stall

YellowFlyer
7th Feb 2004, 05:10
All I know is that they are inviting (almost) everybody, even if they will choose the ones with most experience at the end...

oli carley
10th Feb 2004, 01:17
saw the advert in flight international and all i can say is they were asking for very few hours.
They didnt even want jet time, just multi.
What kind of planes are they flying? Jets?

Oli

Air Driven Generator
10th Feb 2004, 19:08
Oli,

I believe they will be operating A320's

From Flight International:

Captains:
Candidate requirements:A minimum of 3,000 hours total flying time
A minimum of 1,500 hours in command of multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft
A minimum of 500 hours airline jet aircraft
ICAO ATPL
Fluent English

First Officers:
Candidate requirements:A minimum of 300 hours total flying time
A minimum of 100 hours multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft
ICAO ATPL or CPL
Minimum intermediate English

Going for a wizz, back shortly.

ADG
:ouch:

M.85
11th Feb 2004, 22:00
Guys and gals,

Wizz Air is hiring,see Flight International magazine!

GOOD LUCK!

M.85

Flying Farmer
12th Feb 2004, 04:07
Thanks M.85

Resume is on the way, hell of a way to travel from the uk !!
Hope all is well with the new job.

All the best

Flying F

Homer_J
12th Feb 2004, 20:06
Yea, but according to the advert they want 100hrs multi crew. and if you have 300 hours of which 100 are multi crew chances are you already have a job flying big stuff.

Or am I reading to much into this?

dreamingA380
12th Feb 2004, 22:03
Homer J

I think you are right on the money..... that is the conclusion I jumped to. Still, my CV is on its way for what its worth!.

Ciao.

flugfisch
24th Feb 2004, 15:42
Hi,

anybody out there, who heard something from Wizz?
I sended my resume - but since then nothing happened?

And a second question - anyone knows something about them?

Thanks!

24th Feb 2004, 21:35
Got a personalised reply last week saying that interview process may take btw a month to a year depending on requirements...

Not a PFO which was a nice change.....but not pinning any hopes....

topcat450
24th Feb 2004, 21:41
What are you wanting to know about them? Thier website has quite a bit about them....http://www.wizzair.com/

bugs bunny
3rd Aug 2004, 13:55
Pls check your PM,
Bugs Bunny

DoItInverted
5th Aug 2004, 16:27
Hi bugs bunny!

Any chance to get the info as well?
Cheers!
DII

Dentist
19th Aug 2004, 09:46
Please forward me some info as well.
Many thanks

nonor
19th Aug 2004, 10:10
I think it is 5200 euro for captain

Dani
19th Aug 2004, 10:36
And it's 40% taxes, deducted right before you receive the money.

Dentist
21st Sep 2004, 09:17
Can anyone tell what Wizz Is like to work for, Are they a friendly bunch, Pay and interview questions. Will they be taking in any new Pilots soon? Anything on Wizz would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Dentist

Lupin
2nd Dec 2004, 14:41
Does anybody know something about Wizz Air? I know they're searching for Type Rated FO? Conditions and terms? Salary? Are they doing good or is another failing company?

Thanks,
Lupin

Dentist
6th Jan 2005, 12:01
Does anyone know if the great WIZZ is about to Hire again soon, and if so, will you need a type rating?????? Any news is always good news?????:ok:

Lil' Pilot
6th Jan 2005, 14:03
Wizzair is currently hiring type-rated Captains and F/O's for their base in Katowice. According their website that is. Interested? ;)

Dentist
6th Jan 2005, 18:22
:yuk: I think I can read their web site!!!!!! Just after some inside info.....

Aussie
22nd Apr 2005, 11:37
Anyone know if theyll take on guys without type rating, but willing to pay?

CHeers

green-dot-speed
11th Aug 2005, 17:08
Anyone knows how's the situation in Wizzair?...Are they about to hire? Any possibility for A320 rated pilots with a few hours on type?
PM me guys, please.
bye bye

FAB
12th Aug 2005, 03:09
I also have the A320 rating with no experience on type and I wrote an email to the chief pilot few weeks ago. He replied that they only hire experienced F/O's and said that the only chance for non-experienced pilots to join Wizzair is via the cadet scheme offered by Storm Aviation (in the Uk).
You can ask Storm to send you a brochure but here are the details:

They will give you a date for an interview and a sim evaluation at Gecat on a 737-200.
If you are "lucky", you will be accepted for the cadet program which consist of a Type rating on the A320 + 500 line training with Wizzair. IF YOU ARE ALREADY RATED, SORRY BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN (that is what they said to me) as it is included in the program and price. The total price is 29000 Pounds, housing not included (but Wizz will give you some money to eat...).
You have no garantees to be hired at the end, you have no contracts with Wizz nor Storm.
I am also in contact with a cadet presently flying with Storm and he said that they will really need pilots, but 2 of the cadets are twits ans sould not be hired....
The next interviews should be in September, but I have no news since a month, and they should have only 4 places available.
I was so desparate that I was thinking about doing that program and do another TR but it seems that I have an opportunity in the SE Asia thanks to a contact and the salary is twice the one at Wizzair...
Hope it helps

MD12
12th Aug 2005, 06:56
Could you please post Storm Aviation Email address?. Able to load the website index, but unable to load the either the training or job section.

Best regards.

FAB
12th Aug 2005, 11:09
The persone in charge is: Keith LONGDEN - Director of Training
phone + (44) 01293 78 7988
His assistant: [email protected]

green-dot-speed
12th Aug 2005, 11:31
Doing another TR???? They must be mad....I am line checked already, too.....no way
thanx for the info anyway, byeeeee!

celtflyer
12th Aug 2005, 18:52
Anyone know the sim profile for this selection. As I understand its a 737-200 but knowing the profile would be handy.
As its Gecat doing the selection what profile do they normally use-I know its normally a sid + steep turns and 1eng app and GA with land 2 eng or similiar but what airport do they use or do they keep changing it. Ryanair selection has been sticking with liverpool W2T of late so what bout Gecat.
Also What interviews or tests??
Pscho interview or tech interview or both,
Maths or mechanical, verbal reasoning etc etc.
The deal is for 300 hours unfortunately and not 500.

FAB
12th Aug 2005, 20:59
I confirm you that the deal is for 500 hours. They wrote 300 hours on the brochure but they told me twice that it is a 500 hours experience. The cadet I am in contact with also told me that it is 500.

I have no idea about the interviews and sim requirements but the cadet told me that they just want to see if you're not stressed and that your MCC is ok.
This program is for those who do not already have a TR so you're not supposed to know how to fly the 737. He also told me to brush up my IFR. The interview is done with Keith Longden and is basic. That's only what I know

celtflyer
12th Aug 2005, 21:34
Any chance you could pm me your contacts contact, or grill them for more info! If not - not to worry cheers for all that so far.

stansdead
13th Aug 2005, 14:13
All of these companies fly 320's and will be recruiting in HUGE numbers this year:

B.A.
easyJet
Monarch
First Choice
Thomas Cook

I am sure there are more, but cannot remember immediately.

Of course, it isn't just 320 operators hiring. 737 operators need loads too.

And of course, most of the guys getting the 320 and 737 jobs will be leaving good "cut your teeth" turboprop jobs. Which really is where most wannabees should look for your first break.

I say that because I believe that barring disasters, if you do a RHS year in a turboprop I think you will be in a RHS jet job in 2007.

The shortage is coming for EXPERIENCED pilots... believe me when I say it, but why pay to get the experience when a TP job will give you that instantly and for no cost?

DON'T PAY FOR RATING NOW..... perhaps 12 or 18 months ago you would have to, but if you do now you WILL regret it. IMHO.

Good luck.

Francesco82
13th Aug 2005, 17:29
well, seems that monarch and first choice are looking for experienced and rated pilots only, tho...

celtflyer
13th Aug 2005, 20:59
I wish it was that simple, If I could get a TP job just like that well then fine. I have a life to lead and dont figure on waiting for the statisitics to fall in my favour, therefore I am trying everything and anything going.
Its steep but an opportunity none the less and one that I dont think should be snubbed if in the postion to avail of it, I can now due no real ties etc etc, In 2 years I may be unable to avail of such opportunuites, so there u have it. Now I off to me bed as I been flying all day in those bloody winds.:=

Streetfighter
21st Sep 2005, 07:22
Can anybody provide some information about Wizzair? Are they hiring at the moment? and what are the salaries? I did have a look on PPJN and on Pprune but not much information regarding the exact pay.

Mr Blue Eyes
21st Sep 2005, 10:01
They were hiring a few, but you had to pay £25,000 upfront for the A320 Type rating, plus accomodation, travel costs etc. It amounted to about £30,000, so **** them!

If I want to get robbed blind and be penniless for the rest of my life then I'll just move to Liverpool!! (sorry scousers!!!)

A320rider
21st Sep 2005, 12:59
this is ridiculous, soon we will all have to pay .

"I need someone to clean my house, you have to pay the first 6 months..."

it is why in some countries the unemployment rate is so high, people are not willing or can not pay their boss.

pay to work should be illegal, welcome in Europe!

Gufo
21st Sep 2005, 13:33
Let me tell you something. I was an A320 F/O for Volare, had about 600 on type when the airline went through the financial problems you're likely to know and ceased activity.
Among all the CVs I spread across the world, one was for Wizzair. They didn't even bother to reply..
Now, maybe they didn't want Italians there, or my name didn't sound right, but what I reckon is that it's far more convenient for them to hire some I-will-pay-for-everything guys, get their "extra" from the money YOU pay for the TR and have a more "controllable" employee afterwards.
Now that's up to you, but please, for the greater good of aviation, please, turn them down, everyone... :ugh:

A320rider
21st Sep 2005, 16:49
gulfo,

yes you are right, it is totally disgusting,
and now there is a new airline based in milan who flies the same planes from Volareweb , not sure how much they ask, I think 40'000 euro for the type and 100 hours, then OUT!yes, "get OUT of here, or pay me more money"!

actually some companies say you have to pay to fly for 500h, then when everybody will have 500h, they will have to pay for 1000h. And so on...

Gufo
21st Sep 2005, 18:59
Maybe MyAir? Their base is BGY, Orio al Serio, actually. Ryanair tells you that's Milan, but it's not like that really :} (Like Paris Beauvais??)

Anyway, MyAir was basically founded WITH the money stolen from Volare. Total crap. Stay the hell away from them. I'd rather go selling ice cream, I swear. They still have -or they had- some of my pending salaries there in their safe. Ugh.

rofan1010
22nd Sep 2005, 14:22
mr blue eyes must have a low self esteem, if this is the only way you can divert your anger, just because you have a small winky, you have to slag scousers of. WHY??? It's people like you that i would love to meet face to face. So be a man come to liverpool and meet face to face, or is this the only way you feel hard by typing on here.

celtflyer
22nd Sep 2005, 16:34
EEhhhh, Alright Calm down - calm down.
sorry couldnt help.:ouch:

Mr Blue Eyes
22nd Sep 2005, 17:32
I thought all scousers had a sense of humour mr rota1010!!

Small winky!!!! How old are you!!!

Every heard of Air Rage! Look at yourself!

Anyway, I need my grass cutting are you busy!

glideslope-captured
6th Apr 2006, 14:45
Does anyone have information regarding their cadet scheme??

onedaymaybe?
6th Apr 2006, 15:56
Go to storm aviation website.

You will have to pay for a type rating with them and then they will send you out to Poland (Katowice) for your line training and possibly some hours on top. It seems to change what they offer you, but I know many a pilot who has started their flying career with Storm and are now flying 320's in other companies.

On top of your Type Rating costs, expect a good 3-4 months without earning money as you will not get paid anything until you have flown off your Line Training and possibly 300 hours on top.

Accomodation may or may not be paid by storm, but it is cheap out their to get accom and the food and drink is also cheap... approx 6 PZL to a 1GBP, and a beer will cost about 5plz if you find the right places. Food is cheap. A meal in a cheap restaurant about 20 PZL..

You can also dead head back and fro to many of the destinations that Wizz offer..SO you can come home lots too...you are not stuck out there..

Plenty of interesting flying and a good mixture of guys

And "NO"...I did not go through the Storm Scheme...

Phileas Fogg
6th Apr 2006, 17:30
Basically, it's about 6 months, or longer, and something like GBP30k out of your life.

There's got to be better deals around, deals where you start earning money once you've got your rating and not paying to fly.

zooloflyer
6th Apr 2006, 21:46
Just a question - what I, most of the time, don't get about the SSTR thing is that I never understand why people go for this lowlifestyle - you know eating cheap food, sleeping in dirty motels, low wages, debts, basically surviving.

I don't understand why people go so low after such an investment to get the pilot qualifications - I always think there's a lack of respect and proudness in the whole idea. Sounds more like a story of some Thailand chap who was picked up on his island to clean the bilges for 12 months on a cargoship and he'll even get paid for it...:confused:

breagh01
8th Apr 2006, 20:45
There is no point in quoting the post immediately above your own. We can all read, or we wouldn't be here.

Scroggs

don't you perhaps even consider that not everyone has rich mummies and daddies to fund kids career moves. so cheap accom and grub aint so bad at the end of the day as long as you keep that dream alive. nuff said. ;)

glideslope-captured
10th Apr 2006, 13:35
Thank you for your answers.

1. Does anybody know when they are starting courses again?
2. What is the selection proces?
3. I want to get in touch with anybody who has done this course. You can PM me if you want to...

Pstatic
19th Apr 2006, 06:49
Hi

I am also very interrested in this deal. I'd be glad to hear from anybody with information, either here or PM

CALA
24th Apr 2006, 13:13
Hallo. Can someone give me the way to contact by phone the wizz air Flight Operations?they have only a call centre and they don't give you any numbers nor e-mail. the guy I speak with say me that the only way is to write [email protected], But I want and I need to speak to, not send a e-mail that have an automatic replyer:{ !!!!

Phileas Fogg
26th Apr 2006, 18:05
I could give you the contact details of the DFO but I'm not going to because there are procedures to be adhered to when applying for a job, indeed when operating an aircraft, and one should learn to adhere to procedures whether one likes it or not :)

low n' slow
27th Apr 2006, 07:48
"because there are procedures to be adhered to when applying for a job"

Are you serious?! There's no such thing as rules and procedures for applying for a job. Do WHATEVER you can to get the job. No elmbows or stepping on toes - no job. Don't take Phileas advice if you really want a job. You have nothing to loose by calling the person responsible for recruitment. Even though it might just be to find out that they have an online reqruitment procedure.

/LnS

Phileas Fogg
27th Apr 2006, 12:36
If one 'winds up' or annoys the people in charge of recruitment then one is not going to achieve anything and possible be regarded as 'don't touch with a barge pole'.

Just some friendly advice, from a person responsible for recruitment, take it or leave it, it's one's own choice

"because there are procedures to be adhered to when applying for a job"
Are you serious?! There's no such thing as rules and procedures for applying for a job. Do WHATEVER you can to get the job. No elmbows or stepping on toes - no job. Don't take Phileas advice if you really want a job. You have nothing to loose by calling the person responsible for recruitment. Even though it might just be to find out that they have an online reqruitment procedure.
/LnS

low n' slow
27th Apr 2006, 14:13
You need to do something that stands out from the pile of applications.
Calling them is a good way to start, but do it in a way so that you don't annoy them. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible... Following application procedures have never given me a job. Doing it my way has. It's up to you what you want to do, and you have strong arguments for doing whatever you choose. But if you aren't called in for an interview you can only wonder what would have been if you called...

/LnS

CALA
27th Apr 2006, 15:10
That's what I'm want to do....call the Flight op Offices and have direct news on phone, because I appyied hundred and hundred online form but with not so excellent answers.....so now I want to try to contact or go direct to meet this people in their offices.:ok:

But I need in this case the contact of Wizz Air that since now I don't have found.

CALA
2nd May 2006, 07:34
So, nobody that try with Wizzair????!!!! I cannot immagining.......

diverine
2nd May 2006, 09:24
I agree with low n' slow.
Put everything you got to get a job. For 6 months I applied to Airlines thru their HR dept's, online etc, and frankly no call, nothing has happened!
For the past month I visited this particular airline couple of times, getting to know the people. One thing not to forget is be professional about it - as said earlier don't annoy anyone or step on anyone's toes.
You will be ahead of other similar houred f/o's when the personel knows you personally. However, this might not be easy for you due to the location
of the airline...
In my case, the airline was in the same city I live in.

Good luck!

LD Max
2nd May 2006, 20:49
I would have agreed with both lo n' slow and diverine, but recent experience provides a cautionary anecdote if I may.

Last month, a certain Gentleman "in the know" at (large flight school) kindly gave me a nod and a wink and suggested I could do worse than visit a certain (major regional airline) since they were about to launch a recruitment drive.

"What... drop in unannounced?", I queried. "Won't they object to that?".

"Well, drop in your CV marked F.A.O. the Head of Pilot Recruitment with a business card. You've got nothing to lose", he replied confidently. "He's a nice guy. You might even be able to organise a visit!"

250 miles later, I pull up outside said airline head office and got as far as the reception desk. "He won't see you without an appointment", said the kindly receptionist, "but I can take your CV".

"Result!", thought I.

Having obtained his direct line number and driven 250 miles back home again, I left it a couple of days and then called him. I introduced myself on the phone I asked if he had received my CV.

"Yes", he replied. "Unfortunately we don't accept personal CVs. Have you completed the online application form?". "Yes", I replied, "But whether or not I am selected for interview, I would find it really useful if I might arrange a visit, to observe how your Company operates".

"Do you have any idea how many pilots like you we have applying?" he asked. "If we were to open our doors to all of them like you suggest, we would spend all our time showing people round. Frankly we don't have the time. We have an office of four people to handle hundreds of applications. We certainly don't have the time to read CVs, that's why we have an online application process. The computer will shortlist those that we invite for interview and just reviewing the shortlist takes all of our time. If you haven't heard from us in 6 weeks, then I'm afraid you were not successful."

"I see", I replied. "I'm sorry to have troubled you. It so happens that I am really keen to get an opportunity to work for you and I'm not sure that the online application process adequately reflects that."

"Well you're right... it doesn't", he said. "I'm really sorry, but everyone else is in the same boat and that's just the way it is. I sincerely wish you the best in your future career."

...And that was that.

Now, to be honest, I'm not all that surprised by the response. His tone of voice was polite enough to suggest I just might have got away with it - but six weeks is nearly up and I haven't been invited to an interview yet.:{

On the basis of this experience, I'm not convinced the personal touch is the right way to go. Phileas Fogg seems to have put his finger on the button. Phone calls and visits just seem to :mad: them off nowadays.

Good Luck,

LD Max

Phileas Fogg
2nd May 2006, 22:31
"Do you have any idea how many pilots like you we have applying?" he asked. "If we were to open our doors to all of them like you suggest, we would spend all our time showing people round. Frankly we don't have the time. We have an office of four people to handle hundreds of applications.

LD Max,
Thanks for that, very informative and I can assure you that it's much the same with people telephoning. Each and every wannabee seems to think that they're the only one with the novel idea of picking up the phone to the company, well the bl00dy phone, sometimes, doesn't stop ringing and if the person answering gets a bit short, whilst struggling to get on with their work, well you've kinda explained it in your post.

PF

scroggs
3rd May 2006, 09:04
My company's pilot recruitment is handled by one person. One. Not four in a dedicated office, let alone a whole department, just one person. That's because we can, and because people cost money. This is in a company of 8500 people, including 700 pilots, recruiting 140 pilots a year - and getting applications from several thousand annually.

We no longer accept speculative CVs. All our applicants must go via the online application procedure. Those who do not fit the basic selection criteria (licence, hours, residency rights, etc) will be binned by the computer. Those who fail to fill in the application correctly will be binned by the computer. Those whose English isn't up to the basic standards required by the application procedure will effectively eliminate themselves - though the computer will do the binning.

If the computer says 'Yes', then our one-and-only recruiting person will review the application. Though it might have passed the coarse filters applied by the computer, any application that is difficult to read or otherwise odd will be binned. Each application will get a few seconds of consideration, no more, at this stage. Applications which fit all our criteria will be studied in more detail and, if the person's history and style seem more or less what we want, our recruiting person will shortlist that applicant for interview. A further screening stage will get the interview list down to something manageable, but we'll reject 50-75% of those we interview.

All this is a full-time job - and then some. Speculative phone calls - even e-mails - are an unwanted and irritating distraction from this procedure and are highly likely to get the opposite reaction to that hoped for.

Other, smaller, companies may have more time for your inventive attempts to get yourself noticed, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Scroggs

Phileas Fogg
3rd May 2006, 09:19
Very well put Scroggs, I don't have a such a computerised system but I do have a bin, a very large bin :)

diverine
3rd May 2006, 21:55
I agree with the above post. However, I should make this clear that the country I fly in is facing a big pilot shortage as of 2006. Most of the applicants are low houred, right out of training.

When you only have ~150 available spots/year and thousands of applicants it's a complete different turf. In my case the supply/ demand ratio is more like 45-50% and as mentioned earlier the applicants have similar backgrounds.

If you have a type-rating - hours don't matter - on A320 family or B737 and willing to fly in Turkey for couple of years, apply immidiately to

Atlasjet, Onurair, Interexpress, etc.

Good luck!

An2
4th May 2006, 07:18
Atlasjet; A320's and 757
Onur Air; Busses
Inter Air; A320's with F100's soon to leave.

Sidestick Bob
14th May 2006, 18:02
Hi there,

I have an A320 type rating but no hours on type. I have a total tme of 300 hours.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the terms and conditions are (for someone in my position) with Wizzair at the moment?

Thanks,

Craggenmore
14th May 2006, 18:18
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220636

Read the second post on this topic. Hope it helps.

Sidestick Bob
14th May 2006, 18:54
Thanks,

Looks like a bit of a dodgy deal with a dodgy company. I think I'll give them a miss!

I've heard that Wizzair will recruit just about anybody as long as their willing to pay for their own training and work for nothing. They don't care about safety - all their interested in is maximising profits!

To be honest, I don't really want to be involved with a firm like this. I'd rather leave the industry and do something else than stoop to their level.

Cheer's,

low n' slow
14th May 2006, 21:41
As if you have the right to choose your first employer?
I dont mean to be rude, but you dont have hours on type and the 320 without hours isn't exactly the hottest type around right now.

Try getting a foot in and give it all you've got, you cant afford to be picky in your situation. I'm sorry if this comes across as harsh and I don't mean to put you down. I just want trigger you to get going on whatever is available.
Give them everything you've got!!! A friend's friend of mine works for wizzair and even though it's not the most well paid job around, he's happy with what it has given him. It's still a job that offers you line experience which is worth more than cash as it can't be taken away from you... And this is what you need to be able to head towards the better paid jobs!

good luck mate/ LnS

Phileas Fogg
15th May 2006, 09:03
But if you've already got the A320 rating then you wouldn't get in on that cadet scheme anyway, that cadet programme is all about selling the rating, thru an in-house TRTO there is a bucket load of profit in the rating and that's what it's all about!

low n' slow
15th May 2006, 09:59
Ok, I misunderstood.
What I mean is that if the Airline wizzair has spots open for someone like sidestick bob, there's no reason not to apply. If they only take guys via their TRTO I rest my case. If you can get a foot in without cashing out, go for it.

/LnS

Phileas Fogg
15th May 2006, 10:43
L'n'S,
It's not Wizzair maximising profits, go to http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220636 and figure it out!

mustangbill
4th Jul 2007, 09:27
:)Hello ,

has anybody informations about the interview at Wizz air ? I know that there will be a technical interview . Was somebody invited , and remembers some questions ? Thank you for your help.

papa_petje
4th Jul 2007, 11:13
Hi Mustang,

I don't know anybody personally but I know people who knows people! I will aks them what they got?
Have you got an invitation from Wizz? Are you also from Cockpit4u?

mustangbill
6th Jul 2007, 14:26
Hello Papa Petje,

that would be great ! I would be happy about every information.
And yes, i am also a trainee of Cockpit4U . Thank you for your help.

:O

go high or die
18th Jul 2007, 13:18
hello,

is there already someone how know or can tell something more about the wizzair interview?

many thanks

@v8ter
18th Jul 2007, 20:33
Mustangbill check your Pm's

EpsilonVaz
20th Mar 2008, 15:47
Has anyone tried the Wizzair SSTR via CAE? If so how did it go, and how long did it take to get a response from CAE to attend the assessment?

MycatsnameisBoeing
20th Mar 2008, 16:19
Yes I did, no reply after 3 weeks...

EpsilonVaz
21st Mar 2008, 17:49
Hmm I see, I am very interested to know if Wizz Air still take on SSTR's.

go high or die
9th Apr 2008, 10:52
dear all,

i'm waiting for more than 9 months now to get started at Wizz.
does someone have any information about the situation up there? and why it takes so long time?

Are there more pilot's on the board waiting to get an email of them:ugh:

grtz,
go high or die

p0815
9th Apr 2008, 18:15
Hi!
Where did you do your typerating? Sorry to hear you are still waiting. I am also (most probably) on Wizz waiting list, however I got another job by the time. I am very courious If they are ever going to call me (however, I would not join them anymore).

TheFlyingDJ
11th May 2008, 07:17
Maybe it's because Wizz has a temporary hiring stop for foreigners. (what i have heard from a base captain).

On the other hand, Wizz is very good in changing plans withing several hours (on the recruitment part).

Fact is that Wizz is still expanding and crew must be hired to get the planes going. (Cluj, Kiev and other route expansions)

Means of contact by Wizz towards candidates can be email or phone. It differs from time to time. As this still is a low cost airline, things are un- organised at management levels.

I also know several pilots who are told they are hired but still not there. Another groups has been hired within 3 months after passing the interviews.

TheFlyingDJ
11th May 2008, 09:03
Thats good to hear!

My info: I have heard this 1 on 1 from the base captain and HR in person.

If your story is true, than I will be flying in withing the next 2 months or so because I passed it all last thursday in Bucharest.

So I hope you are right instead of my information.

May we know where you got the information from?

cheers

dodgy doris
12th May 2008, 09:52
Got an email from their boss last tuesday saying recruitment for 2008 now complete. Who do I push for a different answer?

TheFlyingDJ
12th May 2008, 11:37
Are you type rated? When did you succeed the interviews?

hamilton
12th May 2008, 20:29
hi..so if you passed the selection/interview....you should have now in your hands a contract ,or at least a date to start the course...or are there others steps....can you tell us please how works selection/interview in wizz actually?
thanks H

TheFlyingDJ
15th May 2008, 11:48
negative. Passed it but no promises.
Thats why i posted here because of the temp expat hire stop. (i'm still not sure wheter it's true or not)

You can either get called to go for an interview or go to one of the recruitment days somewhere in europe.
Anyway, HR interview is basic stuff, Why Wizz, tell me about you, how did you find out etc.
Technical is also straight. No tricks. Some Wx questions with metar/taf, ils minima, a320 systems if you are type rated. Some personal info too about you and your preferences if hired.

tetebolete
16th May 2008, 14:40
do you know anything yet from wizz??

lc_aerobatics
16th May 2008, 15:13
From what I heard is that they will not stop recruitment for expat pilots but will prefer locals.
Cheers.
:8

hamilton
16th May 2008, 18:19
thanks for info let s hope the best.
h

mihai25
16th May 2008, 19:41
sorry to dissapoint everybody but wizz is a ****y airline.
i worked for them,the pay is lousy,they fly stupid and tireing roster.
anybody who is anybody is not working for them.believe me.
guys,there are many airlines in the world and wizz is not a good one...
forget it exist

doudou1
16th May 2008, 23:29
Okay Mihai25,

For someone who is located in London, your english sucks big time!!
What is your problem? failed the type rating? line training? or got fired?
Wizzair is a low cost airline, what do you expect? With your attitude, Iam glad you are not working for Wizzair anymore. My point? well, if you had a bad experience with them ( well, it happens sometime to everyone) learn from it and move on. Like you said, there are a lot of airlines out there.
If you want to educate us about Wizzair go ahead but check your negativity and attitude outside. In another word: constructive criticism

Fly safe

doudou1

Ps: by the way my english sucks too, but I ain't from London.

lc_aerobatics
17th May 2008, 17:14
Where are you guys coming with this sort of CRAP ("prefer locals")? got to love aviation and the rumors.... :8 ha,ha,ha....

Come on mate it's pure logic. If you run airline in Romania or Ukraine wouldn't you like to employ locals instead of guys from "western" Europe who will go there, moan for as long as they have to stay there and then F. off as soon as they can ?
:ugh:

BRS_flyer
18th May 2008, 15:17
Thats true, a new "TRTO" has sprung up on banner ads on PPRuNe called airline training partnership (http://www.simulator-experience.com)

Thier cadet program with Wizz offers TR and Line training followed by a permanent contract. As long as the price for this program is comparable with Ryanair or other SSTR schemes they probably won't have a shortage of takers.

Axum
18th May 2008, 15:25
To go back to Wizz Air, they are DESPERATE for CAPTS

Are you sure? I also heard that Wizz doesn't hire anymore in 2008.

74world
19th May 2008, 06:24
I guess you haven't been talking to the right person....

TheFlyingDJ
6th Jun 2008, 17:27
74world is right after all, there are pilots beeing hired. I know of 320 rated ones.
I guess it's not all bad yet.

Anyone got news?

RS3AV
18th Jun 2008, 14:45
I am starting to get informed on Wizz Air as a possible employer...

US pilot with turbojet command time (CRJ) and A320 type, 8500TT. All FAA. Also have EU right to work.... is Wizz Air a possibility? Direct application or through contract employer? (confair?)

Thanks...

TheFlyingDJ
6th Jul 2008, 22:54
Does anyone know when the newly hired will commence training?

RS3AV: register at the website. Probably write a letter as well to be sure.
Don't know about your FAA if it's accepted.

lc_aerobatics
11th Dec 2008, 09:39
Hi,
Has any one been called in for training yet?
New aircraft are on a way and first courses were going to start December/January.
Any info appreciated.
Cheers.
LC

TheFlyingDJ
11th Dec 2008, 11:04
well not me.
The batch I mentioned started and are somewhere in sim/linetraining now.
Probably next batch. Been more than 6 months now for me.

daria-ox
11th Dec 2008, 11:25
TheFlyingDJ,

A friend of mine is starting a type rating in march with WizzAir.

TheFlyingDJ
11th Dec 2008, 11:27
Thats nice, but i am allready rated and i guess 1st quarter of 2009 it will be for me.

Flying Squid
11th Dec 2008, 16:18
Alright guys.....

Just a quick question... How many hours did you guys have when Wizz took you on and how do you find them to work for? Im a newby low hour guy (one of many, I know!) but I do fancy working for them at some point if the chance ever comes up but not sure whether they ever take on guys with less than 500 hours TT???

Cheers

FS :cool:

captain.weird
13th Dec 2008, 10:29
Last time they wanted A320 Typerated F/Os

THD
8th Jan 2009, 14:04
Hey i am a fatpl cpl/ir-me and i very intersted in wizzair but i don't have a type rating on the 320. After looking on there website there is only positions for type rated guy's with hours on type. So where do low timers have to send their application to if you say that they hire without TR. thx

dartagnan
8th Jan 2009, 20:27
they DO NOT hire if you don't have a type rating plus thousand hours on the bus.

stop listening guys who tell you they hire 200h pilots...
it is a lie!

TheFlyingDJ
22nd Jan 2009, 10:53
Anyone here starting at wizz in februari?
There's a new group starting.

btw, at this time there is no need for f/o's at wizz, even with the hours.

Niceflight
22nd Jan 2009, 12:31
But the company is expanding (new A320 to be delivered) and they should need fresh pilots in the next months/years. On Wizzair website, you can find offer for type rated pilots without any hour on type requirements (only for sofia base).

It should be low hour pilots that have been hired recently.

TheFlyingDJ
22nd Jan 2009, 12:37
They have enough pilots on file that can start. If they need staff, they just look at the list and call them.

Niceflight
22nd Jan 2009, 13:31
Yes, but it is not excluded that these pilots on file, have just been type rated A320 (with low hour).

Perhaps, low hour pilots should have few positive points :
- lower salary
- low turnover due 3 years contract (3 years bond)
- and maybe less critics with captains due to lack of experience
- hard worker (want to unfreeze ATPL quickly / to become captain in few years)
- no or few family life

z-e-d
2nd Feb 2009, 14:19
Hi Captains,
Does anybody know something about wizz interview? What subjects are needed for the interview? What questions will be asked?

txh
z-e-d

FrankAbagnale
6th Feb 2009, 13:37
A320 type-rated first officer - Sofia base
Job Code: FO01/2008
Description
A320 type-rated first officer - Sofia base

Minimum requirements

º Have a minimum of 1500 hours on type
º Hold ATPL frozen, national licence (issued according to ICAO or JAA regulations)
º Have completed MCC training
º Have completed Performance A for ICAO licence holders
º Have completed jet familiarisation/orientation course or be prepared to complete (at own expense) before firm offer is made by Wizz Air
º Know English language fluently

WHERE DOES IT SAY NO HOURS ON TYPEEEE?????
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Dentist
10th Feb 2009, 18:58
To set things straight. At present there are guys doing line training with min Hrs ( 300 TT ), but these guys have been in the holding pool for at least a year. As for new guys, there are a lot of applicats and the company can now choose between who they will take.
The interview is quite straight forward, some IF questions and some tech Q's from your previous aircraft.:ok:

Csaba74
12th Feb 2009, 13:36
I heard that the next interview will be organized at April. They required MCC course on A320 (if you don't have a type rating) and to pay 15.000 Euro. You can see the details in the homepage.

FO JimmieJames
16th Feb 2009, 22:44
They require 1500 hours TT. Does anyone know if this is written in stone, or will they accept applications from desperate type rated low times like myself?