PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL(H) is this right?

Lightning_Boy
5th Feb 2004, 01:34
Just saw a web-site which can take you from your PPL(H) to CPL(H) in 6 weeks and a cost of $15'450. Is this right?????
What about all the exams etc... Thought it normally takes around a year?
Any advise old chaps??

Gordy
5th Feb 2004, 06:44
It all depends on what the entry requirements are, maybe that assumes you already have 100 hours. It is common to go from zero time to commercial in about six months.
What was the website? Boatpix maybe????

Lightning_Boy
6th Feb 2004, 01:08
It was with a company called wing & rotor, are they any good??

Gordy, I see your from Hawaii, ever heared of a flight school called Mauna Loa Heli, what are they like??

Many thanks

LB

helispeed99
3rd Mar 2004, 06:00
Don't do it!!!!!

W & R is run by an english guy who'll seem lovely then promptly leg it with your wedge! I trained with them myself and it was sheer luck i finished the course at all! there were guys there who'd been waiting 6 months just to meet an instructor, they had 2 Robi 22's one didnt have rotor blades most of the time i was there, the accomodation was the instructors spare room and the "school car" was a Ford Pony with seized brakes! The only good thing I can say is that the instructor if he's still there (big if?) was a nice guy and good pilot.

I did do 0 time to FAA CPL(H) in 88 days but it was by no means a structured, decent environment and pure pot luck i saw any flying at all so do yourself a favour pay a bit more, go elsewhere!

Try Tomlinson Avi Daytona direction, they're nice guys, heard good reports and fly 300s much nicer machines!

Helispeed

PM if you want more info.

Lightning_Boy
3rd Mar 2004, 06:52
Thanks for the advise Helispeed, I'll keep looking. Heared that HAI in florida is very good.

Many thanks
LB