PDA

View Full Version : Qr Standards

strength
4th Feb 2004, 22:20
Standards are falling at QR. A recent flight on the A330 had problems with IFE, the CSD instructed the crew to do a manual demonstration pre-take off. 3 of the crew refused to do it as they didnt know how to do it!!! (Well, Saliya really has proven to be a fantastic SEP instructor....NOT).

The First class longe at LHR for QR pax was in the Virgin Atlantic F/Class lounge.....no longer - it's the SAS lounge now, F/class pax are furious. (Apparently all they get in the SAS lounge is tea & biscuits!!!mmmmmmmmm ).

Some flights are still going out with fewer c.crew.

Apparently there will be alot of f/deck resignations soon.......(nothing new really)

Apparently QR will be recruiting in the UK (don't bother, nobody wants to work for a dictator). When Emirates were recruiting in the Heathrow Marriott hotel the reception was full of people applying to EK - Let's just see how many people turn up for QR!

A300Man
9th Feb 2004, 22:02
IFE was dodgy on DOH-LHR on my flight recently too.

Find the comments a bit strange about crew refusing to do a manual demo - surely this is something that is taught early-on in SEP training and is mandatory for all crew to know? (Please confirm someone)

And if the crew did refuse to do it, what action did the CSD take? Surely, he or she must have informed the training department that the crew on board were either incapable or unwilling to do so.

I find broken down IFE to be one of these things that sometimes happens and there is no point in complaining to the crew, as there is nothing they can do and it is not their fault. Same goes for when the food is sometimes not too good or other service lapses occur.

However, an unwillingness (or inability) to provide a mandatory safety demo - I find that totally disgusting.

Also agree with the comments re the first class lounge being changed from VS to SAS. Whilst the SAS lounge is quite contemporary too, it is not actually too bad. They DO serve more than just tea and biscuits. Don't know where your source got their info from. A full range of snacks and beverages is available.

Whilst it is nothing compared to VS lounge (where you could get a full three course meal and a massage and haircut if you wanted), the SAS lounge is OK. (A bit too bright and IKEA looking maybe, but otherwise OK for a short visit).

ayomide
9th Feb 2004, 22:17
It is taught on SEP-training and mandatory to know in case something like that would happen.

strength
10th Feb 2004, 01:57
AYOMIDE:

The so called training of the manual demos within QR is absolutely disgusting - I had approx 10 mins of what was a very basic so called manual demonstration - The cc really havnt got a clue how to perform a manual demo purely because of the terrible SEP standards and I blame Saliya for this......another pitfall on his behalf, AAB's puppet.....