PDA

View Full Version : QATAR AIRWAYS: malicious or slanderous messages...

Akbar Al Baker
4th Feb 2004, 19:12
To Whom It May Concern:

A forum should be an arena for open and honest discussion, not a kindergarten playground for idle childish gossip. Why if you are purportedly telling the truth as you see it, do you feel the need to hide behind stupid pseudonyms? Why do you not have the courage of your convictions to raise the issues that concern you directly with me?

With the technology and advice available to me from external internet security consultancies, it is possible, so I am told, to trace some 99% of the IP addresses of the forum’s users.

Heed this post as a warning, that should I see any further malicious or slanderous messages posted here, that can be traced directly back to a Qatar Airways employee, the employee, or employees concerned will be terminated immediately.

Regards,

Akbar Al Baker

Chief Executive Officer Qatar Airways

mutt
4th Feb 2004, 19:24
Wind UP..........:) :)

Mutt.

wagtail23
4th Feb 2004, 19:30
Come on Allah Akbar

You've gotta be kidding.......

No wonder morale is so low in your :mad: outfit.

Busta Level
4th Feb 2004, 20:04
Why do you not have the courage of your convictions to raise the issues that concern you directly with me?

Heed this post as a warning, that should I see any further malicious or slanderous messages posted here, that can be traced directly back to a Qatar Airways employee, the employee, or employees concerned will be terminated immediately.

I think you just answered your own question.

With an attitude like that, who'd want to approach you?

Good employment advert for Qatar BTW :rolleyes:

Joe Monsoon
4th Feb 2004, 20:10
HAY AKBI

TAKE IT EASE BREEZE MATE . I THINK YOU NEED TO HAVE COOOOOOOOOLD SHOWER AND CHILL:)
YOU COULD NOT EVEN FIND YOUR OWN :mad: IF YOU WANTED:ok:

GlueBall
4th Feb 2004, 20:54
Akbar Al Baker: It appears as if you have too much idle time at your big office to be spying on your pilots. Are you trying to micro manage your employes?
What's next?... Will you be on the ramp tomorrow morning after breakfast checking tire pressures on one of your A320-232s? :ouch:

leftseatview
4th Feb 2004, 21:00
Hey Akbi,
Get hold of a copy of "NUTS!"
its the story of Southwest Airlines.
you (and your poorly selected top management team) looks like in dire need of some help with your "people management skills".
The book has a lot of nice pics,so itis easy to go thru and get a feel of the inspired leadership style,which fosters great teamwork from the airline employees.
Its still not too late to fire your top management and make a fresh start.
All the best to Qatar Airways.:ok:

fractional
4th Feb 2004, 21:12
Updated version of QR at best. This (1st) post from the CEO x-rays thouroughly the man himself. Its contents should be published worldwide for appreciation specially from fellow (other) airline CEOs. They'll certainly get a very pleasant picutre of him. I must also say that this CEO is not unique...

davethelimey
4th Feb 2004, 21:46
Of course to obtain said IP addresses (which in all honesty aren't that useful by themselves) you'd need to persuade a court that the messages here really were untrue or slanderous, and then you'd have to convince them to give you an injunction against Pprune to make them give you the IPs.

Wind up, and not a well considered one. Are you really telling me that the CEO of a large airline would risk public humiliation and a feeding frenzy for the press by threatening to fire staff on an online message board?

strength
4th Feb 2004, 22:07
Oh dear, the pressure really must be on....could it be the very high number of resignations??????

Danny
4th Feb 2004, 22:24
Grow up will you! It's a wind up and some of you have fallen hook, line and sinker for this one. :rolleyes:

There is no way anyone but a moderator or and admin can get an IP address. Go to the Computer & Internet forum and read the "IP Logging" (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116668) thread. It's amazing how some of you can register a pseudonym and hide behind anonimity yet fail to realise that anyone can register a name and also pretend to be someone else too.

As it's a breach of PPRuNe protocol to register a name that is in the public domain and then try and impersonate that person, sanctions will be taken.