PDA

View Full Version : please comment CPL training in Johnston aviation

flydreamer
4th Feb 2004, 16:56
Hi, all guys
Did any you undertake CPL training in Johston Aviation Services (JAS).
Please comment on
1. their ground school,
2. flight training quality
3. and the learning atmosphere in JAS.

I truly appreciate any comment or experience

P.S. How many hours did you obtain CPL in the training?

the wizard of auz
4th Feb 2004, 17:40
I have heard nothing but praise and good things from there.

Chilli
5th Feb 2004, 04:58
I have never heard a bad word about the place

bigfella5
5th Feb 2004, 05:23
Whilst having not done any courses with them, when I was scouting around to do my MEIFR, they were the only ones that returned phone calls, sent info promptly and followed up etc. Had a few mates do some flying through them and haven't heard a bad word yet. Such a refreshing change in GA.

Eee Tee
5th Feb 2004, 05:34
They came very highly recommended to me, and having since done some flying with them, I would definitely recommend them too :ok:

flydreamer
6th Feb 2004, 08:56
Hi, all mates

Thanks for your comment. I am really glad to hear from you.
Anybody can share the experience on CPL training at JAS?
I apprciate all of your sharing.

flying_phonebox
8th Feb 2004, 09:41
Dreamer,

Did an aircraft type endorsement there a few months ago and overall got a great impression of the place. Everyone involved in the operation came across as having a positive attitude and don't consider you as just another number.

Port Macquarie is a quieter airport than the busy training airports in syd/melb/bris (although they still get RPT traffic) so delays less frequent and charges for using the airport are less.

The town itself would be a great place to live during your training (coming from the NT i thought i had died and gone to heaven) and accomodation most likely would be cheaper than a city with still a good social life to be had.

Can't really comment on the CPL training, but i know many people go to JAS for their multi-IFR training as they actually operate aircraft on IFR charter so have good experience to pass on and needless to say doing your IFR training in a baron or chieftain is going to be much better in the long run than in a lighter twin.

I don't think you would regret doing your training there but maybe you should give them a call and ask for some contact details of current CPL students to get an idea.....

cheers

-phonebox