PDA

View Full Version : Another Moral Boost at QA

I Don't Work Here
4th Feb 2004, 14:28
Now this is something take right out of FI Mag.. it seems to be much less than whay they are asking of their own pilots to upgrade.. and housing is included !!!

A330 and A320 Captains and First Officers

Position type: Contract
Region: Middle East

Posted: Tuesday 3 February 2004
Job type(s): Flight crew

To operate a 1year contract, on behalf of our client Qatar Airways
Candidates must have valid ICAO ATPL with current A330 or A320 Type Rating Current Class 1 Medical and a Valid Passport

Captain required to have a Minimum of 3000 hours with 500 on type

First officers required to have Minimum of 2000 hours with 500 on type

Excellent salary package including accommodation, overtime, accrued holidays, travel concessions and BUPA health

WoW.. I should quit and re-apply

qatarpilot123
4th Feb 2004, 18:50
No wonder our pilots are leaving so fast! Lets look what the new pilots (contract) will get-

Housing- We (the present pilots) get an allowance that falls short by 20 – 50 % what it cost.

Overtime- Only if we fly above 780 hours in a year (we can fly 100 hr in a month and not be paid overtime!).

Captains required having 3000hrs with 500 on type – Yet they will not upgrade good F/O’s with over 7000 hrs on type. Company requirement 3 years at company and 5000 total time.

Travel benefits- Not before 3 – 6 months for us. Before then we have to pay full fair.

We get no sick leave for the first 6 months. If you are sick they deduct money from your pay even if you fly overtime!

I have been told that contract pilots are paid more because they don’t get the benefits that permanent employees do – they get more at QR!

If anyone knows what the pay scale for the contract pilots will be (and conditions) please post it.

Another A-320 pilot told me today that he was resigning…maybe we should all join him. There are too many jobs available now to put up with this lack of respect.

All new joiners – best of luck. I hold no hard feelings- but some will be less than welcoming.

Cheers