PDA

View Full Version : Cathay min experience

The Counter
4th Feb 2004, 06:09
Was talking to Kelly from Cathay Pacific Flight Crew Recruitment last Friday and she was telling me the min experience for SO's is now 3000hrs total and 1000 turbine.

This changed about 4 months ago.So If your like me 3000hrs tt and 1000 multi piston and had your July interviews cancelled due to the SARS outbreak you can no longer apply, your interview is cancelled and you can start re-appling (at the bottom of the pile) when you meet the mins.

I think there may be a few of you out there in my position.
We were good enough before and through no fault of our own only the SARS outbreak we are not good enough now.

Lets hear from you.

404 Titan
4th Feb 2004, 09:12
The Counter

This is straight off the Cathay internal web sight five minutes ago. As you can see there is no change to the minimum requirements but what you might not have been told is that there are more than 20000 applications for pilot positions on file so Cathay can pick and choose from those that have the most qualification. So yes they may be only interviewing people with 3000hrs total and 1000 turbine for SO positions at the moment but they are still taking applications and looking at people that meet the minimum requirements below for later consideration.

The minimum requirements for Direct Entry Second Officer applicants are:
· A current ICAO Airline Transport Pilot License or a Commercial Pilot License (obtained without exemptions) with a pass in all ATPL ground examinations
· A valid multi-engine instrument rating
· A minimum of 1,000 hours fixed wing (preference is given to applicants with turbine or multi-engine experience)
· Experience commensurate with age
· Able to satisfy Hong Kong aviation medical requirements
· Fluent spoken & written English.