PDA

View Full Version : february exams

skyman68
4th Feb 2004, 01:21
Dear Pilots,
I am finished with the 14 JAA exams. how was your exams at the CAA?.hard, easy,...?

have you cheated?
;)

AvroDriver
6th Feb 2004, 04:12
I pass principle of flight and Aircraft general knowledge and failed the last one.
I thought the questions were new and the exams hard.
I need to retake this last exams in march, would be really interested by a feedback other than the one of bristol, can anyone help me?
thanks in advance
cheers

High Wing Drifter
6th Feb 2004, 04:58
First eight done, but to be honest I think there is a retake or two in there somewhere.

Was it me, but the 'hard' ones were easy and the 'easy' ones quite hard. Except for Gen Nav which was just plain hard (my CRP was smoking at the end!). Managed to finish all the Qs, but I noticed that some didn't.

Some very sneaky appendexing in Gen Nav and Met.

skyman68
6th Feb 2004, 06:36
gen nav is hard for everybody, matter of time.2 hours was to short.
agk was filled with new quizz.not in the bristol feedbacks.

good luck to all of you waiting for the results.

VIRGA
6th Feb 2004, 17:18
Hey High Wing Drifter, or for that matter anybody, what did you mean by appendixing???? Have I been missing something...

High Wing Drifter
6th Feb 2004, 18:14
The appenicies for Gen Nav and Met were a little crafty.

The Gen Nav had a CAS table that you were obviously meant to use for the flight log question but I was running out of time, not thinking straight, and could not figure out exactly what I was meant to do with it so I just whizz-wheeled my TAS from CAS, FL and temp.

The Met exam had an upper wind chart for a higher level than the mean temp the question was asking for. This I completely missed. If I had spotted that the mean temp would have been higher than the -20deg I calculated.

Send Clowns
6th Feb 2004, 19:22
In principle the answer fromt he CRP-5 should be right. Always look out for the right appendix, but CAS-TAS relationship should not depend onthe method used for calculation, unless one is inaccurate!

Jinkster
7th Feb 2004, 06:09
I sat M+B, Perf, Nav, Met and Human Perf

M+B was pretty straightforward. Nav wasnt too bad - have to agree with previous post about the met wind chart - what a :mad: - my opinion though about that question was that how could we have know it was an ISA atmosphere?

It didnt mention ISA - I am not sure about that question at all.

tomcs
7th Feb 2004, 06:58
I finished all 14 aswell! Which is a great relief....i just hope the results are favourable. I did Pof AGK Perf Ops Radnav and Airlaw and i didn't think they were too nasty!

Good luck

Tom

Jinkster
9th Feb 2004, 05:56
Any news or info when results are likely to be out - my guess is 2 weeks or so.

Just wanted an insight - so I can put my sore head to rest and sleep for the next 2 weeks or so....:rolleyes: