PDA

View Full Version : jaa flight training and testsing

south coast
4th Feb 2004, 00:58
if anyone knows, i would be grateful for some information....

does 'ftc' if they are still called that in midrand still offer jaa flight training and flight tests?

i need to do the cpl flight test, and a bit of training, as required to be signed off.

if anyone has any experiences they care to share about this school or information on who to speak to there with regards to this topic please pass on the relevant names...

thanks

George Tower
4th Feb 2004, 02:26
Hi there

I can't advise in relation to FTC directly. There has been much written on this forum in so far as they were meant to have been given a new lease of life under new owners (Alpine Aviation) but the last I heard was that had fallen through.

Best to check the exact position with the UK CAA and find out exactly what they are currently approved to do woth respect to the JARs.

I'm not sure exactly what training you still need to do. I'm supposing that you know that if you hold an ICAO CPL then the only training you are required to do for the JAR CPL flight test is at the discretion of a UK based FTO to obtain the pre-entry 170A form, and not the mandatory 25 hour Modular course.

There's plenty of decent schools in SA but none offer the full JAR course as yet. If you search these forums the feedback on FTC is not too good.

Good Luck what ever you decide.

GT

Air Roverman
5th Feb 2004, 22:08
:) Si
Hows it going man.
Saw this post by chance.
I got the pub in the end and its great.
Not got into airline yet.
I went to FTC. yuk. The CFI was a woman called Vicky Buxton. Bit of a charmer if she likes u.
When u back in UK?
Email me or give me a call and let me know your plans.
Take it easy
Colin:ok: