PDA

View Full Version : Screen grabs!

Julian
3rd Feb 2004, 15:34
OK guys, anyone know some software (pref FREE!), that will enable you to make photo quality screen grabs from a DVD (my laptop has an inbuilt one so no need for hooking it upto one) and then print them out?

Any info much appreciated

Timothy
3rd Feb 2004, 15:40
Doesn't Alt-PrtScr, then paste into Paint and press Print work?

Timothy

Memetic
3rd Feb 2004, 21:30
Which DVD player software are you using? Many of them have a screen capture function that grabs the image and makes a .bmp file that you can then print via a graphics programme.

Googling for dvd screen capture shows up lots of software, but I can't vouch for any of it.

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
3rd Feb 2004, 23:01
Timothy
Doesn't Alt-PrtScr, then paste into Paint and press Print work?
Nope :( due the fact that the video (usually) goes straight through into the video card memory with as little involvemt from Windows as possible (simplified explanation :) ); much like the definition of a University lecture -- whereby the the notes of the lecturer pass into the notes of the student without passing through the minds of either... :D

A friend reports that he has successfully used software from http://www.any-capture.com/ I've not tried it, so cannot personally vouch for it.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Feb 2004, 23:06
Julian,

For DVD Screenies, I have always used the capture program included in the DVD Player.

Take Care,

Richard