PDA

View Full Version : FLS Manchester & Stansted

coopervane
3rd Feb 2004, 07:30
Well with the closure of these two giant bases, does anyone know if any Company is looking to purchase these assets?

Seems an awful waste of good facilities to lay idle when FLS plan to cram all their operation into the rusty sheds in Dublin.

Ryanair may be happy to put their bombers on home turf, but do you think Easy Jet with enjoy dead legging over there to share facilities with their arch rival?

Seems to me , like the rest of Britsh aviation, it has been sold down the road. I suppose the attraction of cheap labour in Asia must take some of the work oveseas but sending short haul airliners across the globe can't make too much economic sense.

I can only speak for the Manchester base, but it is a great hanger shared with My Travel. There were many occasions when visiting aircraft would use the shed for Ad Hoc inputs to get them on their way back home. When it closes, the airport will have little or no facility to offer would be sick aeroplanes of the larger kind. True Monarch have a small shed there but not much room for spare capacity.

Perhaps Manchester Airport themselves should think about running it. Plently of skilled labour going begging!

All the best to the staff at Stansed & Manchester in your search for new employmemt. Hope you find an Aircraft Maintenance facility left in the U.K. to practice your well tried skills upon.

Coop & Bear

allthatglitters
4th Feb 2004, 03:57
There is no need to send shorthaul aircraft across the globe for maintenance, there are several former eastern block countries with there cheap labour force is taking the food from our mouths...