PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Address Book

3rd Feb 2004, 02:35
Can anyone please tell me what's happened to my Outlook address book, it was there this morning and has suddenly disappeared? When I click on the "To" button to select a message I get a message saying that "The address list could not be displayed.The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted etc" All my other folders are still okay. I have done a restore from a backup disk to try and solve the problem however the address book seems to be hiding somewhere else. My data files under Local Settings - Application Data are okay as well.
Thanks

E-Liam
3rd Feb 2004, 03:06
Hi 7550,

Do a search for *.wab. That is the address book. If found, move it to the...

C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

..folder.

If you can't find it, then it may be lost. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Liam

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Feb 2004, 03:10

Right now the Search Feature for PPRuNe is disabled, so I cannot easily search for your prior posts. I cannot remember which OS you are using to give you more specific advice. For now try to do a search of your hard drive for *.wab and if anything comes up.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Liam, looks like your posts crossed. (It depends on which version of Windows you are running where the files should be located.)

Le Pen
3rd Feb 2004, 03:17
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

One other thing....... Where is the address book in XP??? I did a search for .wab files and cant find one with XP.

Thanks

LP

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Feb 2004, 04:44
Le Pen,

In WinXP it is found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\*******\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

Where ****** is your user account name.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. You might need to turn on View Hidden and System Files to find it.

E-Liam
3rd Feb 2004, 14:51
Hi Richard,

Ooops.. :D

Got a bit confusing. It was W98 before.. :confused: :)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=117585

Cheers

Liam

Naples Air Center, Inc.
3rd Feb 2004, 22:48
Liam,

Till the bandwidth issues can be sorted out for PPRuNe, it will be difficult to track down old threads with info during peak hours.

Nice catch though,

Richard

4th Feb 2004, 12:36
Thanks for all the help. I have done a search for the .wab and found it in the Documents and settings folder however there is no data in it? In the meantime I have got my Outlook addresses back again by doing a "Detect and Repair - reset and restoring from a backup cd" through the Outlook Help menu which seems to have sorted it out. I am just wondering now why there is no data in my address book file but my Outlook addresses are back in place?
Running Win XP Pro.