PDA

View Full Version : flying schools in SA

lfc
3rd Feb 2004, 00:53
anyone know anything about these flying school in SA; '43airschool' and 'aptrac'. 43airschool is very well known but what is aptrac like? im thinking of doing my training in one of those schools. Any views would be much appreciated.

Thank You

KASAC 7
3rd Feb 2004, 03:59
The bigger schools like 43 and Aptrac are generally similar and you will probably get the job done with one of them. However, if you are looking for the personal touch try my friends school in Pietermaritzburg.

www.avstar.co.za

Check it out!

chris.debeer
4th Feb 2004, 15:47
LFC,

Check out Progress Flight Academy (http://www.flightacademy.co.za) .

I trained there and its a great school. In the same area as APTRAC, and 43.

Chris

taluft
5th Feb 2004, 13:06
Ifc,
43 and Aptrac seem to be the 2 most popular schools in South Africa. I've narrowed my search to those 2 schools as well.
Have you received any info from 43? I've been experiencing difficulties with their website...works on an intermittent basis. I've tried emailing and faxing 43 but have yet to receive any response and it's been a week. I'm just looking for their course start dates, costs and accomodations details. Is 43's email contact address [email protected] or has it changed?

Thanks,
taluft

Islander Jock
5th Feb 2004, 22:20
Can anyone pvt mail me the name/s of decent flying schools within striking distance of J'burg Intl. When I head back home to oz I usually spend a night there so thought I might like to go up for a blast and put a South African aircraft in my logbook.

Thanks in advance,
IJ

silverknapper
6th Feb 2004, 00:02
Central flying academy, about 20ks from joburg at grand central airport. Good outfit

Amabokoboko
6th Feb 2004, 22:04
Vic's Flite Centre, Hangar 28, Rand airport is just down the drag, to the southwest.

Nice airport with all sorts of interesting planes lying about - Harvards, Pitts', a Cavair, various Tigermoths and even a privately owned Impala jet.

Islander Jock
6th Feb 2004, 22:46
Cheers guys,
:ok:

onehotflyer
7th Feb 2004, 00:12
43 Air School Rules. I go back there any chance that I have when I need to do renewals. Really professional, great setting what else can I say.:ok:

RUDAS
7th Feb 2004, 19:31
if you want a good flight school close to joburg,try lanseria flight centre.i trained there and am doing my cpl with them and i have to say they're pretty jacked up.Lanseria is also a fantastic airport to train at because its very busy so you learn from the beginning in a real world environment,which is invaluable as a student pilot.

they also have a good fleet of c172,be76 and pa28r aircraft as well as a c182 (i think?). honestly though, i would highly recommend them. their number is +27 11 659 2810.

Irishwingz
9th Feb 2004, 14:14
Folks

I did my PPL in Algoa Flying Club last October - could not fault them for one thing! Its in PE international so you get to fly around SAA/Comair 737s. PE is small and safe, the school is personal, have excellent planes (152s/172s) and even better instructors.

www.algoafc.co.za

SAY IRISHWINGZ SENT YA!:}

Irv
9th Feb 2004, 21:21
You can see who trained where on the UK SA Flyer Community site (http://www.uksa.flyer.co.uk)