PDA

View Full Version : Jump Seats

HolyFatnuts
3rd Feb 2004, 00:12
Has there been any relaxing of the no jump seat senario of recent years. Apart from the fact that you work for that company has anyone been successful in getting a ride on any airlines.? Around Aussie and Enzed......or the Orient......Americas........Europe??

Just Asking

HF

MoFo
3rd Feb 2004, 05:16
Sorry buddy.

Still no go except for staff travel beneficiaries on QF. Probably the same for others.

Ang737
3rd Feb 2004, 05:17
Air North flight in a Braz form Broome to Darwin May 2003. Thanks to all involved

Ang ;)

Captain Stoobing
3rd Feb 2004, 05:45
It is such a pity. I got my first taste of flying by seeing the cockpit of a 727. Then they asked me a strange question, from memory it was something about seeing grown men naked and gladiator movies?
Anyway, I used to enjoy having the odd guest join us in the office, maybe even having the good looking ones stay up for landing. As said earlier only people on QF staff tickets allowed in the cockpit anywhere in the QF network. Even then they have to have appropriate identification. (minimum of photo id)

Capt Stoobing

High Altitude
3rd Feb 2004, 06:49
Capt Stoob,

Are you sure its anybody on a staff ticket?

HA...

Captain Stoobing
3rd Feb 2004, 17:40
HA..

Yep, I should have been a bit more precise. We can carry staffies as long they stay up front and do not leave during the flight, have acceptable ID and are on a staff ticket. As for international ports I am not sure. I would have to look further into the FAM. We usually get a request from the standby counter, they generally look after the suitability issues, but it is still upto the captain whether they are uplifted or not. I personally take staff when I can, you never know when you will be after the jump.

Capt Stoobing. :D