PDA

View Full Version : Allatps

oligoe
2nd Feb 2004, 18:57
Hello,

Has anybody trained at AllAtps school in USA ?
How is it possible to get a CPL/IR in 3 months like they advertise it on their website. Is it good training ? Even the requierements are a PPL with minimum 85 hours.
Thanks in advance for all the infos,

Oligoe

taluft
8th Feb 2004, 11:38
I've read about AllAtps and the students are rushed throught at a break-kneck pace....7 days/week. What they don't tell you is that a lot of students fail the written exams because they don't have the time to properly prepare. Another drawback for you, assuming you're from France, is they don't train foreign (non-American) students. Usually if it sounds too good to be true then it is too good to be true. It's a good place to buy 100 hours of multi but the 3-month wonder course is another story....and no I have not trained there. I'm in the process of trying to find a good flight school myself.
I hope this helps,
Taluft

Klatsch
15th Feb 2004, 19:01
ALLATPS mainly specialize in conversion of experienced pilots ex-military or foreign licence) to US ATP. I converted my JAA ATP to US ATP with them a few years ago - the training was excellent, good instructors, well maintained airplanes, good computer based exam prep. They are a big organisation with good back-up. Cost then for the 3 day course was about $1100, and it is not much more now - one of the best flying investments I ever made. I can't speak for the CPL course, and I think the other correspondent was right in that ALLATPS do not offer this as foreign licence conversion.