PDA

View Full Version : NAS part 2c - LETS STOP IT!!!

contrails03
2nd Feb 2004, 17:16
OK GUYS LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS- Instead of just sitting on our arses and waiting to see what happens, like 2B.

The airspace has been made unsafe and alot needs to be done to establish safe airspace again, but lets not let them implement CTAFS where we have MBZs and make it volunatry to make a radio call!!?? If they had their way 717s would be holding or doing go arounds so that a gyrocopter could take off or land without a radio.

The only way we can stop it is by writing and writing. Make a standard letter and write to your local member, the oppostion leader, the transport minister, the shadow transport minister and the media and CASA.

We need to exert political pressure, otherwise nothing will be done.

Lets put aside our differeces for once, join together and make a difference!! The online petition has over 900 signatures now, lets have 900 letters turn up on John Andersons desk next week!!

Please do this and post here when you're done so we can see how many letters have been sent!:ok:

QSK?
3rd Feb 2004, 05:58
Damn right!

Has anyone yet got a letter drafted which we can all use? Otherwise, I might start drafting one up myself.

I'd suggest we distribute the letter follow the procedures outlined by CloudStreet under the "Petition" topic.

contrails03
4th Feb 2004, 08:05
Ok great to hear skq.

What we can do is make a standard letter post it here and get all who are passionate about stopping the reforms to print it out, get work colleagues, friends, family members, passengers etc to put their names, their electoral area and their signatures to it.

If we can get say 50 signatures per letter it would give the letter more power.

If anyone has any ideas please post them on here. We have to make a team effort if we are to win this battle. Dick Smith has succeded because he has a team on his side, we have to quickly form a strong team to oppose him otherwise we will end up being swamped by the changes.

Remeber how successful the doctors were with the health insurance issues. They were successful because they grouped together and were strong. They took on the government and swayed things their way.

We have to put aside our petty differences, not waste our energy on unimportant issues and stand up for what is important.

I invite anyone who thinks they can come up with a great letter to post it here, and we'll vote on the best one to use.

I'll research all the addresses and post them here in the next few days.

Hope to get as many replies as possible.

Contrails:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::