PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance Australia Questions

Ace on Base
2nd Feb 2004, 15:36
Has anybody that applied to this job heard anything back from them yet?

Can anyone tell me how many gernseys were on offer?

And which ships the vacant slots were on?

Also, where where the vacancies - Broom, Darwin, Horn or Cairns?

How many pilots applied for the job (I heard it was in the vicinity of hundreds)?

Thanks in advance.:ok:

WaldoPepper
6th Feb 2004, 16:35
Ace.

From what I know it was a tree shaking excercise. There are a few pilot's about to leave SA and the recruiters want to get a feel for whose out there with what type of experience.

And yes, they received over 600.

Col. Walter E. Kurtz
7th Feb 2004, 17:25
What a bunch of Prick teasers!

AerocatS2A
7th Feb 2004, 19:30
From what I know it was a tree shaking excercise. There are a few pilot's about to leave SA and the recruiters want to get a feel for whose out there with what type of experience.

They have left already so there is a current shortage of pilots in SA. The resignations have been from Darwin, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Darwin will be where they send you.

Ace on Base
8th Feb 2004, 02:40
Thanks Aerocat,

I found out from a source last week that there was a shortage and the were recruiting.

I was wondering why two people I know recieved via email within a week a "thanks very much for applying and .... Blah, Blah, Blah......", and I still havent (even though I too applied via email). I have been told that letters were going out possibly this week comming, so we will see if I get a "blah, Blah, letter in the mail.

Cheers

AerocatS2A
8th Feb 2004, 22:55
There was a half page career advertisement, thinly disguised as a news article, in Sunday's NT News. It states that Darwin is currently short on both pilots and observers and that the company is seeking applications. They have already had 250 pilot and 50 observer applications. It goes on to state that it is a 7 day roster including night flights, deployments away from base (not that frequent in Darwin), public holidays, etc. Employees are currently rostered for 8 or 9 days off in every 28.

U2
9th Feb 2004, 10:43
It's sadening to see an organisation such as SA who have the resoources to perform employee training yet, hold out for experienced people!

U2

Capt Claret
10th Feb 2004, 07:43
Waldo

Some one is feeding you porkies.

Ace

Did you get a read receipt for your email? Perhaps it got lost in the ether and they didn't receive it?? :confused:

U2

They may well have the the resources to perform training but training reduces the bottom line and the customer sets pretty high requirements which may preclude many inexperienced pilots. Remember ..... the customer is always right! :}

The Baron
10th Feb 2004, 08:36
Go with Claret on this one lads, his sources are impeccable!

Bottums Up!:ok:

Ace on Base
11th Feb 2004, 04:36
Capt. Claret,

Initial application was via internet site, followed by a hardcopy via snail Mail the very next day, followed by a personal email to a gentleman in HR here in AD.

I would be very doubtfull they dont have at least two applications from me in the files. I hear what you mean - hence sending three applications via various means.

I have been told that the applications have been sent to CS now for review. I would be guessing they are now being assessed for training potential? since the initial culling would have been done in AD by HR and the A.C.P.?

Been informed that letters will be out shortly.

AerocatS2A
11th Feb 2004, 06:19
U2

Everything Capt. Claret said, also most of the resignations are Dash 8 pilots, one is a Checking and Training captain so it is possible (I don't know) that the company is looking for a number of direct entry Dash 8 FOs or Captains. These people would need to have ratings in the Dash or a similar type.

slice
11th Feb 2004, 06:50
At least one non DHC8 rated pilot starting as an FO on type - but has highish hours and tprop time.