PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance Australia

ozblackbox
2nd Feb 2004, 14:18
Now this would have to be an awesome career!

Does anyone out there have any good, credible information about Surveillance Australia?

- Interviews
- Work environment and conditions (undoubtedly excellent)
- Progression from BN-2 onto the F406 and Dash 8
- Salary on each of the aircraft or if dual rated.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Happy flying

hws__ils
6th Feb 2004, 08:45
Try looking at the website www.surveillanceaustralia.com.au

WaldoPepper
6th Feb 2004, 16:38
Oz,

try doing a search on this subject as I recall seeing a big discussion on it only about 3 weeks ago.

Send me a PM if you want my opinion. I worked with them for a year and loved it.

WP

hws__ils
14th Feb 2004, 12:20
How was your luck getting information?

Ace on Base
15th Feb 2004, 05:20
Ozblackbox,

Have you heard anything back from SA as yet?

Cheers

ozblackbox
15th Feb 2004, 20:42
No, I haven't heard anything yet.

Not sure whether thats good or not so good. Got more than enough experience for consideration. Some mates have put in applications around the same time as I did but they've heard back already - via "standard" email. Bit confusing but it seems they have a heap of applications to go through.

I guess patience is the better part of virtue huh!!

Take care all and good luck for those who haven't heard back yet.

Oz

ozblackbox
20th Feb 2004, 15:02
Have heard back from them now.... received the email with application number.

AerocatS2A
28th Feb 2004, 15:21
It's not a bad job. Actually it's a pretty good job. Despite the usual gripes about the company and pay etc, you are generally looked after fairly well. Promotion in the company is relatively quick at the moment particularly if you are prepared to live in Darwin.

Pay is anything between $25,000 - $50,000 + depending on your position within the observer ranks. $25,000 is the training salary which you'd normally be on for a month or two prior to getting checked to line. After that it's mid 30s, can't remember exactly how much, and goes up from there. They've also renegotiated their AWA recently so it may be a little more now.