PDA

View Full Version : Botswana

pilot__nz
2nd Feb 2004, 08:19
Hey there,
Am planning on making the move to Maun early March to look for some work...curious on two things, hopefully someone can help me!

1. The procedure for converting a NZ license in Bots (Heard from someone its as simple as going for a flight with an instructor and getting it validated??)

2. The happs with the working Visa??

Cheers guys, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Pilot_nz.

masseygrad
2nd Feb 2004, 10:10
Start searching through previous threads mate, there's a wealth of info there.

Really you need to be there now, as a number of jobs will be gone by March.

Good luck.

masseygrad
6th Feb 2004, 11:20
Pilot_NZ,

check your PMs.

onehotflyer
7th Feb 2004, 00:22
The company you get a job with will have a copy of the one and only airlaw exam paper which you will need to write to convert your licence. They will also organise your work permit. Well thats if things haven't changed since I was there. Not too much changes in Maun though. All the best.

markmarshall
13th Feb 2004, 20:44
Hi pilot_nz
My opinion, having spent some time in Maun trying to get a job:
I have to agree with masseygrad: This season (2004) apparently the jobs went really quickly: I think that most of them are gone already, although it also looks like it will be more busy than last year so a couple of companies may hire one or two more. Ideally, you need to be in Maun in Jan to stand a reasonable chance. Having said that, its seems that the most valuable things to have if you want a job there are a good attitude and determination! A couple of the companies actually prefer 200 to 250 hour pilots over high timers. If you are prepared to be dissappointed, then go, but a better option may be to wait until next year January. Good luck!

iron nuts
21st Feb 2004, 03:27
for the delta boys in maun, hope the flying is going well and trust sam had a good time in aus and he better have passed his exams????:ok:

Been gone about three months and miss the old place already. if I was looking for another job in maun i think i would go mad with all the gos in that place. all the best mattso chris :8