PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft owners beware!

engine out
2nd Feb 2004, 07:07
How well are flying schools looking after your aircraft? Some employees of one flying organisation having heard that it would hail shortly in that area decided to remove the aircraft from the hangar so that they could put there cars undercover. They then proceeded in watching out of the hangar doors as the storm swept through lashing hail onto the now un-covered aircraft damaging several. If it was my aircraft I would be pretty miffed about it all, especially as most GA cars are worth a hell of a lot less than most light aircraft. It really makes you wonder.:suspect:

Ang737
2nd Feb 2004, 08:59
It really makes me wonder why on earth the owners don't take legal action on the back of what your saying. I am damn sure if the respective insurance companies caught wind of that there would be trouble...

I have seen the trend occuring across most schools where instructors and students alike simply treat aircraft like crap. When you have finished flying the machine, it takes no time at all to remove you damn rubbish form the cockpit and make sure its generally tidy (seat belts, trims to neutral, cowl flaps open, etc etc).

I would hate to see how these inconsiderate fools fly an aircraft. It gets back to good airmanship. Treat the aircraft as if it was your own or don't fly it. It makes my blood boil to hear these stories when you see how much money is pumped into pride and joys only to have some incompetant fool spoil it for the rest... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Safe flying

Ang ;)

High Altitude
2nd Feb 2004, 10:21
Not just a fs problem.

The problem is that people loose grip on reality. Attitude becomes its a 1976 piece of sh*t... Well that piece of sh*t still costs more than your average 2004 model car.

Would you start your car in the morning and rev the sh*t out of it straight away?

ETC...

Justa needa bita respecta...

Chimbu chuckles
2nd Feb 2004, 21:23
Agreed HA...except for one small point. Even by the most conservative estimates my 1970 piece of **** is worth more than a lot of peoples homes!!!

If I caught wind of anyone treating my aircraft in such a manner the result would probably see me explaining my actions to the constabulary....and the sickening part is they would probably take the side of the, now bleeding, miscreant.

Chuck.

Pitch and Break
4th Feb 2004, 08:17
One of the said aircraft left out in the hail was a 2000 model IFR C172..........agree with Chimbu; if it was mine, there would have been blood noses all round:mad:

engine out
4th Feb 2004, 09:59
I do hope that the operator of the school in question front up the cash for any insurance excess or repairs for any work on the aircraft. This kind of thing keeps me from buying an aircraft and putting it on line anywhere. When I was instructing I tried to take some pride in the aircraft I used, keeping cleaned and de-greased (ah the hours lying under the tiger moth) but alas this does ot seem the case of present.

Ang737
4th Feb 2004, 12:49
Even thought this is a rumours forum and one has the give the benefit reasonable doubt, I think that if the rumours are true then those responsible should be made public ie.On Pprune, to CASA, or worse still the owners....

Ang ;)

engine out
5th Feb 2004, 06:23
I do know that at least two of the owners have been informed, including that of the new C172, what they do about it is up to them. I also know the first people to inform them (it was not me your honour) was not the flying school itself. The airfiled in question is somewhere south of sydney and north of melbourne, that should narrow the field for you.

fullflaps
6th Feb 2004, 05:12
Engine out.......... tiger moth..??
Don't forget the old days of wiping down the cloth on Orville's and Wilbur's Kitty Hawk.:ooh:

engine out
6th Feb 2004, 06:00
I may be young and the plane may be old but they are still out there in the flying world and damn nice to fly. I also spent hours under everything from C152 to Chieftains doing much the same. It shows if you treat planes well they will last unlike if you put them outside to be cleaned by hail.

Pitch and Break
9th Feb 2004, 07:57
One very pi**ed off owner has removed his aircraft!:ok:

Wheeler
9th Feb 2004, 16:53
None of this is unusual. I have had many such experiences - though not hail specifically. I would imagine (hope) the insurance company would come after that lot for such negligence.

I have removed aircraft from such places instantly when I have found even relatiively minor careless damage and would not hestitate to do it again. Funny thing these wonder schools never know who has done the damage and never offer to pay to fix it. So either you (the owner) did it or it just appeared like magic.

Anyone thinking of putting $200,000 on line to a bunch d---h--ds like that would be mad.

If one does put an aircraft on line, it really is essential to know exactly who normally looks after it. If no-one in particular is responsible, walk away. I find the smaller schools MUCH better. They are more honest and much more caring with your property, but you probably will not get the big hours. Big hours in big schools are very questionable, if you want your beaut wonder toy to be any good at all after a relatively short while.

Pitch and Break
9th Mar 2004, 06:26
Any news on the final outcome here?

Aileron Roll
9th Mar 2004, 13:44
Saw far to much of this sort of C@@P when instructing afew years back. Always seemed the committee had the best spots for "their" aircraft. They would think nothing of ordering whatever outside to look after their own, use to make me sick.

.... however I once left the Presidents Cessna 172 outside to give a visiting Yak 52 a bed for the night (in exchange for a circuit the next day), tried the same with a visiting Vampire once, but no ride !

Charlie Foxtrot India
9th Mar 2004, 23:33
Judging by the condition of most cars owned by employees of flying organisations (including my rust bucket) a good hailstorm could actually improve their looks!

As owner and operator of several aircraft for hire, we try to tell people that the tie down/chock/control lock/pitot cover/window cover fairy doesn't actually exist...some are amazed that you have to actually spend abut 50 seconds attending to those things yourself. Who taught them it is OK to just walk away? Instructors should be setting a better example.

I've introduced a compulsory donation of $10 to RFDS for each item neglected. And master switch left on nets me a new battery and carton of Crownies plus all costs of subsequent bookings lost because they are too dumb to use the shut down checklist.

Cross hire is so named bacause when you get your pride and joy back from the other operator, the condition it is in can make you VERY CROSS.

:mad: :mad:

engine out
10th Mar 2004, 11:41
Had a conversation with an insurance assessor who confirmed that claims had been put in on the aircraft owned by the operator of the hangar. These aircraft were substantially damaged and will require extensive work. The really problem with this is, that people like this cause us all to pay higher premiums on insurance due to their own stupidity.

Malfunction Junction
11th Mar 2004, 09:39
Isn't this the one and same little outfit on the south coast who has rated a mention about employment deals in the thread .....Let them eat cake?:\
That mob needs a BIG shake up and fast!

Ultralights
11th Mar 2004, 15:28
and people still ask me why i dont put my aircraft on the flight line of a flying school!

Wheeler
12th Mar 2004, 16:34
Malfunction, If this IS who I think you are referring to, I do hope the insurance company do attempt recovery from them. If that bird is hail damaged and gets repaired properly, it certainly wont be cheap and I don't want my premuims to reflect their incompteence. Then again, so much of this type of damage is not repaired properly. Often just gets bogged up and a quick blow over and no-one is any the wiser. Anyone know exactly what is happening to this one?

Pitch and Break
16th Mar 2004, 01:45
Wheeler, sorry I didn't get back sooner but had a brief break in downtown Aukland.........YES, you are correct if you are assuming this outfit is from Wollongong area.
Any aircraft owner with their machines insured should either dob this mob in to their insurers or direct their insurers to this website/forum/thread as all the info they require is mentioned somewhere above this post. Maybe if this were done, next year we wouldn't be hit with premium increases through the stupidity and irresponsibility of these numbnuts!:\

Pitch and Break
28th Mar 2004, 01:32
Would appear at last someone has initiated the required action. Seems a maintenance orgainsation sans Sydney area is pursuing this matter through the various insurers. If any claims have arisen from this incident then they will be demanding court action for fraudulently making the claims in the first place.:ok:
WELL DONE and ABOUT BL**DY TIME I SAY!

Pass-A-Frozo
22nd Apr 2006, 04:06
So anyone know what the final outcome of this incident was?

PAF

Chimbu chuckles
22nd Apr 2006, 04:31
I hope it was death by oonga boonga :E :ok:

Pass-A-Frozo
22nd Apr 2006, 05:17
hehe... yeah I was pretty shocked reading in the first time when it was first posted..

still as shocking the second time. Makes you wonder how people get to be so stupid. I hope the people who moved the aircraft out into the hail had to pay for the damage!

PennyBenjamin
22nd Apr 2006, 09:40
sounds like the same old tricks that a certain MB operator with new aircraft aspires to. I have seen this in action at MB and it is not unusual, however i though the owners of these a/c would have caught on to R**ss*'s tricks by now.
Same old story for _ F _ ! Owners beware!!