PDA

View Full Version : How to put an Excel spreadsheet online?

Shanwick Shanwick
1st Feb 2004, 06:40
I presently have my logbook on an Excel spreadsheet which is stored on both my hard drive and a copy on floppy disc.

As I don't maintain a paper copy, I'd like a more secure way of storing the information and a friend suggested I upload it to the web.

It would seem to be a good idea as the information is not sensitive but I have no idea how to do this.

If anyone can give me any pointers I'd much appreciate it.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Feb 2004, 08:35
Shanwick Shanwick,

If you are worried about losing your Spreadsheet with your Data on it, I do not think a website is the way to go.

You are better off burning the Data on to a CD and placing it in a fire safe or safety deposit box. Just have two CDs in different physical locations in case something happens.

Take Care,

Richard

FJJP
1st Feb 2004, 17:49
I'd put it on a memory stick and carry it around with me - they're smaller than a cigarette lighter. That way you can plug it into any USB port of any computer and keep it updated down-route. I advise memory stick because increasing numbers of laptops these days don't have floppy drives (usually CD writers).

SteveR
1st Feb 2004, 22:53
Nah! Stick it on the web, let somebody else make sure that it's backed up and available 24/7
e-logbooks (http://www.e-logbooks.com/pilots)
...lets you do exactly that, and take backups back into Excel, and will accept your existing spreadsheet via email.

Steve R