PDA

View Full Version : @ key in MS Outlook

exeng
31st Jan 2004, 21:21
When entering a contact in MS Outlook the '@' key and " key seem to interchanged. So when you type an e-mail address you initially get: email"bloggs.co.uk instead of: [email protected]. It is all OK in other programs.

Running Win XP. Any ideas why this should be the case?

Regards
Exeng

amanoffewwords
31st Jan 2004, 23:27
Start --> Control Panel --> Date, time, language etc --> Regional and language options --> Languages Tab --> Click on Details --> Add "English - United Kingdom" and remove English - United States - click OK etc to come out (you may have to reboot)

HTH

amofw

(ps. do you have a Logitech cordless keyboard by any chance?)

exeng
15th Feb 2004, 03:37
Thanks for that. I've checked it all but the problem still remains. I'm probably missing the blindingly obvious as usual.

The problem exists on my laptop, and only in MS Outlook, so a cordless keyboard is not part of the issue.

Regards
Exeng

swh
15th Feb 2004, 04:32
if its a laptop sometimes they do that to get the number keypad on the normal keyboard, anything written in green on you keyboard to indicate this, by any chance is it a compaq/hp ?

exeng
15th Feb 2004, 05:18
Nothing written in green, but it is an HP pavilion ze5200. This problem only exists in MS Outlook, in all other applications the '@' key works fine.

I appreciate your interest and help but I can of course easily live with it and accept it as one of life's little peculiarities.

Regards
Exeng

swh
15th Feb 2004, 05:38
if its a laptop sometimes they do that to get the number keypad on the normal keyboard, anything written in green on you keyboard to indicate this, by any chance is it a compaq/hp ?

Wing Commander Fowler
15th Feb 2004, 06:24
say again? Hehe..... :\

swh
15th Feb 2004, 06:43
exeng

Dont know how the dual post happened....

Mate of mine had the same "feature" on his laptop, I found it uttly annoying. Its an alternate keyboard layout, cannot remember how to turn it off. You could try Fn+F8 which toggles the built-in keypad on and off.

spannersatcx
15th Feb 2004, 10:53
Is the HP pavilion ze5200 a US model, if so then the keyboard mapping you are suggesting is the standard keyboard for the USA and not the UK.

You may be able to change it in the BIOS or it maybe in one of the boot files, autoexec.bat etc.