PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Express

tankermytanker
31st Jan 2004, 18:45
Curious about a possible past life.

Could someone tell me if Midwest Express out of Milwaukee/Omaha ever furloughed pilots after 9/11? If so, how many, and when too please.

Cheers,
Tank

tankermytanker
2nd Mar 2004, 02:10
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!

Well then does anyone know a bulletin board of US airlines that I could find the answer to the above question?

Thank you,
Tank

NTM
2nd Mar 2004, 02:22
Yes yhey have. i have friends furloughed from .
They recalled about 8 guys lately.
I am not sure as to how many guys/gals they have on the streets.???:\ :\

Later

flat-tire
2nd Mar 2004, 07:20
Try www.flightinfo.com and go into the hanger forum. Lots of useful info about American carriers.

Hersham Jock
4th Mar 2004, 08:21
I believe as the next few B.717s get delivered they will
be recruiting former pilots still looking for work

F1FAN
8th Mar 2004, 01:46
Yes, Midwest furloughed over 30% of their seniority list after 9/11. In 2000 the airline had a plan called "Destination 2004". In that plan they wanted to double their size/revenue and fall under the DOT "major airline" category. They ramped up hiring in early 2001 to support the proposed growth. Then the economy started to dive and the company approached the union regarding furloughs PRIOR to 9/11. Then september hit and the company went down the tubes. At one point in time last year the holding company had less than 30 mil in the bank. The airline is unfortunately one of the worst managed in the world. Great bunch of employees though. I do not know how many are still on the street as of today.

tankermytanker
2nd Apr 2004, 10:46
Thanks very much for the info. When I interviewed, they were very nice people, can't comment about management. Being from Cheeseland I hope they make it back.

Tank

Jobear
3rd Apr 2004, 11:27
I work for Midwest Connect(Skyway) and talked to a Capt from Big Brother yesterday coming back from OMA he said he didn't think recalls would happen anytime soon.
As for Midwest Connect we are hiring like gang busters here, company is actively pursuing DCI flying that ACA is doing in the DO-328J currently. Recently have had new hire classes every month to month and a half "ATP mins apply" for an interview that's straight from the Asst. Chief Piot.

Luck to all
Jobear