PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Air TRSS at GEcat

Down3Greens
30th Jan 2004, 19:55
Hi ,

Got call to attend next week for an interview day and presentation at GEcat with Ryan Air HR manager, sim ride another day if successfull.

Anyone been on it recently, any news on format, questions, structure greatly received

Thanks in advance

D3G

flyingfletch
30th Jan 2004, 23:40
Congratulations Down3Greens on getting an Interview mate!

Can I ask a few questions?:

When did you fill out the online form?

How long until they got back to you?

If you filled out the online form once sent did you get an e mail or something stating your app had been recieved ?

Regards

FF:ok:

Goldfinger
31st Jan 2004, 00:17
If there are interviews being held at Gecat, then i imagine they are also going to be run at CAE over in Holland as well ?

Has anyone heard from CAE concerning Ryanair flightcrew SSTR ?

Down3Greens, did you get an email similar to the one sent by CAE (who also offered cabin crew training at a good price) stating that interviews will be held in March 2004 ?

pm if required.

:ok:

Down3Greens
31st Jan 2004, 02:56
Hi Goldfinger.......

Did not apply to CAE, I enquired to them and got a reply email about how to apply, but I thought I'd wait and see how GEcat went first.

I got a phone call this morning, looks positive as I believe standard procedure is, GEcat screen and give Sim ride and if successfull refer you to Ryan for interview.

As far as I'm aware Ryan HR manager doing interviews next Wednesday straight off after presentation, I mentioned "do I then have to appy to Ryan for interview on the web if successful " and they said No... only sim ride later :confused:

Howdy Flyingfletch,

I applied on www.Gecat.com on Jan 3rd/4thish of this year. Didn't hear anything at all, no confirmation of receipt, and was starting to wonder until 10am this morning when they called.

So it's taken about 4 weeks.

good luck guys ;)

rodquiman
31st Jan 2004, 03:09
By now what I know is that you can apply at GECAT, SAS Flight Academy and RWL in Germany.

From CAE I have only received an automated response.

Does anybody know something about the process at Sweden, has anybody been called for an interview there?

Hampster
31st Jan 2004, 18:02
Down3Greens,

Congrat's on obtaining an interview.

Which GECAT office will it be held at ? Gatwick ?

Rgds
Hampster

Down3Greens
31st Jan 2004, 22:51
Hampster....... Yes mate, gatwick

superstall
1st Feb 2004, 06:29
D3G,
I went to the initial Ryanair selection day down in Gatwick in early Jan. The format is all pretty relaxed. You arrive at 9, have a coffee, the guy from Ryanair arrives a little while later he then gives a presentation on the company and afterwards there is the usual q&a time. After that each of you go in for an individual interview/talk with him.
I found it to be a really relaxed affair and am now looking forwards to my sim ride in the next few weeks.

Down3Greens
1st Feb 2004, 16:46
thanks superstall.....

did you get any indication if they had you in mind for the 200 series or 800 series or likely available basing?

Know a guy who went thru lasy year a got put on 200's (OK not ideal)

Cheers mate good luck with your sim

crashandburn
1st Feb 2004, 22:26
Rating is on 800 series. Was told no Irish or UK base for 8 years at my interview.

7-Zark-7
1st Feb 2004, 23:40
Anyone know how much they charge at GEcat for the Type Rating? Do you have to pay a fee for the sim ride too?

Good luck with the interview Down3Greens! :ok:

7-z-7

JimRoyle
1st Feb 2004, 23:54
Any technical questions in the interview/chat? Has anyboday heard from CAE yet?

joe
2nd Feb 2004, 00:01
crashandburn.
were you successful?. If so how long from initial interview to starting training. Was it at Gecat.

Any heads up on cost / is finance available and questions / topics to brush up on would be great.

Good luck to all.

TRon
2nd Feb 2004, 04:22
Are they Bonding guys still these days despite you paying for your type rating?

trainer too 2
2nd Feb 2004, 21:31
CAE will start interviews in DUB in February, a mate of mine was told.. :O