PDA

View Full Version : Teeth, Braces ??

Krallu
30th Jan 2004, 19:40
Hello!

I have one tooth that aren't straight and aligned with the others.

How much will that effect a job interview in the future?

Is it recommended to go and get braces to get all teeth aligned properly. At what stage in my education to pilot should I get braces. Using braces doesn't look so good?

mazzy1026
30th Jan 2004, 19:47
Personally I dont think you have anything to worry about either from a medical point of view or an interview.

If they can be corrected then go for it and then it will put your mind at rest.

Best of luck

Lee

Jinkster
31st Jan 2004, 06:58
Dont worry about wearing braces.

I wore them - lots of people I knew wore them. dont panic :ok:

Krallu
2nd Feb 2004, 15:19
Did you wear them together with flying?

donaldstan
10th Feb 2004, 14:22
cant wear braces when flying? damn...i'm wearing one now and am applying for cadet pilot. will it matter?

Krallu
12th Feb 2004, 14:53
Hi there!

Don't know that's the reason I started this topic. To find out the effect it has on flying.

But if you look at the answers I've got it seems like it doens't matter.

mazzy1026
12th Feb 2004, 18:48
Well unless you are sat next to a 100000 volt cable with a huge magnetic field in a cessna - then I cant see any reason why braces would be a problem :p

donaldstan
13th Feb 2004, 11:23
:p :D :O hahaha....that's very true!!!

but through my personal experience recently, i was abt to land (as a passenger, not pilot) in Rome then suddenly my braces started pulling so hard and i felt like the thunder strike my gum. it was so painful till i nearly screamed in the plane. but of cos, i didnt!

that's y i was rather paranoid when i saw this topic abt teeth and braces!! :p

Krallu
17th Feb 2004, 14:09
Okay, I see. :D

Stay out of magnetic fields. :p

Flyin'Dutch'
17th Feb 2004, 20:32
The only thing you have to be sure off is that the compass gets reswung with the brace holder in the PIC seat!

;)

FD

Rupert S
19th Feb 2004, 00:52
am I the only one that ever tried to stick magnets to my face when i had braces? Doing that will show you quite clearly that the braces are indeed not ferous (or even made of magnetic rare earth elements). They will conduct electric current though :}