PDA

View Full Version : How to PC an Apple

Danza
30th Jan 2004, 17:24
No, not me before anyone asks, this came up on another forum, if you are of a nervous disposition don’t look. Basically this kid got a shiny new Apple G5 for Christmas, ripped the guts out it and put back in a PC motherboard :(

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

Why? ......

Naples Air Center, Inc.
30th Jan 2004, 23:41
Danza,

Well Apple do make cool looking Cases and Monitors. (Now their mice are a different story, but we will leave that one for another time.) ;)

Take Care,

Richard

Hamrah
31st Jan 2004, 03:15
Great Praqctical Joke. I can't believe how passionate Apple Purists are.

:O :O :O :O

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Jan 2004, 04:21
Hamrah,

Case and point... This Forum!!!!!:p

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. Ducks for cover from the Militant MACers. :cool:

Mac the Knife
1st Feb 2004, 02:05
Final comment from the guy in question, whose mailbox rapidly overflowed with cries of horror, hate mail and death threats...

"Are the pictures real? Yes.
Is it my own G5 case that has been cut and hacked? Yes.
Did I give away two G5 2GHz processors (IBM PC 970)? No!
So what happened?

I got a free G5 shell from a buddy of mine and pulled a prank on a Mac loving friend. He got so upset. I wrote up a little story, my imagination and warped sense of humor kicked in. I sent it to OC.com just to see the reaction. I honestly didn't think it was going to be posted. I cannot believe how fast or how far it has spread on the internet. There are an amazing number of people who are emotionally attached to inanimate objects such as computers. Mac fans seem to be much worse that I ever expected. The G5 is amazing, I would never dream of really doing that."

Danny
1st Feb 2004, 06:25
Well!!! I never... :*

chuckT
1st Feb 2004, 19:48
First... I got upset... And then.. I got a laugh...

It has been 2½ years since I quit my job as a Apple tech at a publishing house here in Scandinavia, and I am still as fond of the Mac as then !! ( even thou I am using a wintel box at home... easier to get these eversoimportant games.. ;))

I am mailing the link to my former colleagues, a couple of them are hardcore apple purists...

I dont get the idea with coloured lights flowing from your cabinet, but then - that could be an age issue...

:}

Danza
2nd Feb 2004, 17:02
Pah ... they've changed the website to explain the whole hoax, well they got me :p