PDA

View Full Version : USB mouse problem

Squawk7777
30th Jan 2004, 06:06
Hello!

I am using a Sony Vaio laptop with WinXP and am also using a Targus USB Mini Mouse. On every startup XP does not recognise the mouse. I have to unplug it and plug it back in. According to the windows update I am current on all updates (wish the same for my flying though :\ :( ). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

7 7 7 7

Naples Air Center, Inc.
30th Jan 2004, 08:01
Squawk7777,

When you unplug the mouse, do you put it back in the same USB Slot or in a different one? (If you are using the same one, try a different one.)

If you have the problem during bootup, and changing from one USB port to another does not help, then leave it unplugged till you bootup and then put it in. (Not much help I know.)

You could try a different USB Mouse for testing purposes. If you have a USB Mouse on your Desktop computer, give it a try to see if you can duplicate the problem.

Take Care,

Richard

Squawk7777
30th Jan 2004, 13:33
Richard,

Thanks for you continuing help. I plug the mouse back into the same USB port and then the system recognises it. The computer has two USB ports and the problem is the same on either port. I don't have a second USB mouse at the moment, so I cannot try a different mouse right now.

to be continued ...

7 7 7 7