PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Air Services

Lewy Boy
30th Jan 2004, 00:13
Anybody got any info on Chandler air services?? Looking to do some time building in the desert and those guys seem to pop up quite a lot. Thanks in advance.

LB

FlyingForFun
30th Jan 2004, 17:13
Spent two months building 100 hours there, about two years ago.

A great bunch of people, and some of the best instruction I've ever had. They have a very varied bunch of aircraft, and I'd definitely suggest having a go at as many of them as you can while you're there. (If all you want to do is fly a PA28 then there are plenty of cheaper places that you can do this.)

The only thing to be careful of is that they will not let you take their aircraft away until you meet their standards, and their standards are very high - so don't be surprised if it takes longer than you might expect to get checked out. Personally, I think this is a good thing.

Feel free to ask any specific questions on here, or PM me if you prefer.

FFF
--------------

Crossedcontrols
31st Jan 2004, 23:38
I did my BFR using one of thier Supercubs, nice people, seem to be well run, you can do some aeros there as well. You can rent a very nice house with a pool for reasonable money not far from the airport.

CC

EL SID
1st Feb 2004, 14:04
They are a well respected FTO, doing mainly tailwheel and Aero's. Chandlers a nice field. Good restuarant next to CAS. However Arizona's a great place to fly, much more interesting than Florida. Good places to go are: Sedona (like landing on an aircraft carrier) with stunning scenery; Pinal County aiport - boneyard for old airliners, and base for the NASA Shuttle transporter; Marana County airport - great restaurant and there is a company that restores and operates Constellations; Falcon Field - Confederate Airforce satellite base, they have a B17 that flies regularly, and of course the huge aircraft museum at Tucson - Pima Aircraft Museum.
Need I say anymore!