PDA

View Full Version : News for Cabin Crew at Q.R

strength
29th Jan 2004, 21:08
I hear that the cc will receive a pay rise (at last) after a recent meeting with Akbar himself at the Doha Sheraton. I am pleased to hear some good news at last, still could be better as we do work very hard for very little thanks from AAB and the cabin-crew "manager" Bob Gates.

Just to cheer up the crew a curfew has been put into place in the male accommodation now which means that I.D cards are to be used when entering staff accommodation and no female visitors are allowed into male accommodation after 10p.m - lovely! - My female colleagues have had this for some time now (does the "management" at Q.R actually realise that the cc are adults and not in a bording school?,obviously not).

AAB has mentioned that a compound will be ready for staff within 24months - how nice...his spies will be reporting directly back from there....

homesick rae
29th Jan 2004, 23:22
Good news about the pay rise. Well deserved!

There's been talk of a compound for years. One can only assume that it will be a cross between Wormwood Scrubs and Guantanamo Bay!! I am sure there will be watchtowers with guards armed with night vision goggles and such!

All you need now BG and SK are they orange uniforms and the shackles!! Hey, why not put ankle bracelet tags on the crew? That way you can really keep track on them!!!

An absolute disgrace is once again upon us if previous and current standards are anything to go by! Basically the crew are under house arrest!

So remember that at the interviews BG. Luxury apartments (which you cannot leave or invite friends to)....etc etc...

jet4hire
30th Jan 2004, 11:55
We got it worst.......!

Flight Deck crew no loger can visit Cabin Crew at their accomodation! but now we can go to Tabbi's or Jamil's compound or perhaps AB and find them there!:p :D

fractional
4th Feb 2004, 01:30
jet4hire,
I think u meant Tabbibi's iso Tabbi's, or is the latter is new callsign? What an achievement from such a young fellow? I thought he had left for rosier whereabouts...
The restrictions were in place in the beginning of the airline with the previous admin. No surprises.
Rgds.

homesick rae
4th Feb 2004, 01:52
Well the flight deck were always welcome at mine as I didn't live in the company accomodation in later days and it was GREAT!! Hic!

Bang
5th Feb 2004, 19:55
.......and his new idea of separating all only c/s' and csd' into separate accomodation,away from rest of cabin crew.

whats next ??

ea306
6th Feb 2004, 01:30
Why separate the CS from the F1 and the rest of the cabin crew? Unless it makes those willing to play his little game for advancement more isolated from the rest of the CC.... a little more discreet perhaps?

It amazes me the stories I have heard about young ladies willing to give of themselves to this creep. It is not who you know, but who you ... that gets you promoted. What happens if one does not wish to play his little game? No promotion? Loose your job?

Then again it is all just urban legend out on the line. Couldn't possibly be any truth to it could there? No I am sure he is a morally outstanding individual who is solely concerned about the chastity of all his young ladies working for him at QR.

Whatever.

Bang
6th Feb 2004, 06:40
Young Ladies?

Cute little Boys too !!! :mad:

jet4hire
8th Feb 2004, 07:25
Capt. Tabbibi he still here! he is doing fine!

A300Man
9th Feb 2004, 21:40
I think the question is "does anyone really care"? I am just glad that the crew at least got some salary improvement - well deserved, and long overdue.

But, probably nowhere near enough........