PDA

View Full Version : Skippers recruiting

Captain Sand Dune
29th Jan 2004, 14:04
I have recently recieved (and many others have too, I suspect) from Skippers advising they're recruiting and that it might be a good idea if I revised my details.
Last I heard they take newbies on part time contracts and then upgrade them to full time if they are happy with you. Is that still the case?

Cheers:cool:

compressor stall
29th Jan 2004, 18:45
Yeah, how do you get OFF their mailing list? :ouch:

SkySista
29th Jan 2004, 21:07
for which roles..? Ground staff, tech, admin...?

Their website ain't working for me... again... :(

They really do need a site map or text-only version for those of us with dinosaur computers... :)

Sky

swh
29th Jan 2004, 21:50
Captain Sand Dune,

A number of people went through interviews in dec for a "hold" file, know some of them are still flying piston twins and have not been called up.

CS,

Just remove your application online with pilot.staffcv

How are they actually going at the moment, someone said to me they pretty well much closed the Broome base down, and are reducing the fleet size, anyone know whats actually happening with them ?

whos your daddy
30th Jan 2004, 04:51
Do the newbies start in the right seat of the metro or on the C441. Do the pilots just fly the one a/c or are they dual typed.
Anybody have any idea about wages!!!!!!!!!!!

cuban_eights
30th Jan 2004, 09:53
word has it, skippers are running a ground course in the coming months ;)

topend3
30th Jan 2004, 13:26
they have just started RPT routes out of perth, running a bras into geraldton and monkey mia and a metro up to kalbarri via geraldton. think the broome-derby rpt run with the metro is still running as is their meeka/wiluna runs so they don't look like they are downsizing to me. They got the monkey mia route off skywest and will be hoping more follow...