PDA

View Full Version : Duty of Care: Disclosure

Border Collie
29th Jan 2004, 12:17
Duty of Care: Disclosure

The Australian Manual of Air Traffic Services (MATS), states that the first officer who becomes aware of any situation that may affect or impair the safe operation of an aircraft must take the approriate reporting action.

Therefore Notice is hereby given under AirServices Regulations that on the following dates/flights my mother-in-law will be travelling as an airline passenger.

QANTAS AIRWAYS QF0661 ECONOMY CLASS (N) CONFIRMED
DEPART 17FEB04 BRISBANE 0820
ARRIVE 17FEB04 ADELAIDE 1135
DEPARTS FROM:TERMINAL D
ARRIVES AT: TERMINAL D
NVB 17FEB NVA 17FEB
-----------------------------------------------------------------
QANTAS AIRWAYS QF0682 ECONOMY CLASS (N) CONFIRMED
DEPART 02MAR04 ADELAIDE 1205
ARRIVE 02MAR04 MELBOURNE 1350
DEPARTS FROM:TERMINAL D
ARRIVES AT: TERMINAL QF
NVB 02MAR NVA 02MAR
-----------------------------------------------------------------
QANTAS AIRWAYS QF0624 ECONOMY CLASS (N) CONFIRMED
DEPART 02MAR04 MELBOURNE 1505
ARRIVE 02MAR04 BRISBANE 1610
DEPARTS FROM:TERMINAL QF
ARRIVES AT: TERMINAL D
NVB 02MAR NVA 02MAR

Issues:

1 Staffing:
Only staff possessing communication and inter-personal skills of the highest order need apply for these flights. Previous experience in hostage negotiation and/or crisis management situations will be considered a distinct advantage.

2. Meteorological:
Severe turbulence is forecast along the entire route, including any diversions that may be necessary. Airport warnings will be issued at a later date. Brisbane should be fine for the duration.

3. Engineering:
Consideration should be given to the fitting of an appropriately rated 5 point harness for the restraint of the above mentioned person. Under no circumstances should any instruction be issued to the occupant as to its operation. In the interests of other pasenger's safety and comfort, it is advisable they be isssued with a headset prior to boarding. This should avoid a deluge of requests while taxiing to the holding point for departure.

4. Crew:
Careful attention should be paid to centre of gravity calculations as the load may shift during cruise and descent phases of flight, as other passengers may request seating re-allocation. All possible attempts should be made to accomodate any reasonable requests.
Any in-flight emergencies will be afforded the highest priority by Airservices Australia's ever vigilant ATC staff. However inadvertant activation of ADS-B emergency through inappropriate
placement of feet on the cockpit dashboard will be harshly and swiftly dealt with. Due to expected turbulence within the cabin, these flights shall be designated as non-RVSM for the entire duration. Variation of Regulations pertaining to the consuption of alcohol by crew members in-flight can be anticipated. NOTAMS to be issued

5. Management:
This booking was made electronically and no responsibility shall be taken by the person making the booking, namely me. For logging purposes my email is off-shore re-addressed and my IP address is dynamic.

For those familiar with AirServices Issues Database (ASID) this should be considered as a duplicate of issues 12317, 14991, 18002 and 20697. Status; Active, not ready for closure. ESIR to be submitted

Torres
29th Jan 2004, 12:24
:}

(This added for no other reason than PPRuNe won't accept a post with less than 15 characters.)

Capn Bloggs
29th Jan 2004, 13:16
states that the first officer who becomes aware of any situation that may affect or impair the safe operation of an aircraft must take the approriate reporting action.
I'm glad to see the first officer has to do all the paperwork these days!

Sonny Hammond
29th Jan 2004, 14:52
Good stuff, but by these standards there should of been a moving prd area around my plane the other day. My wife was on board. :mad:

Pinky the pilot
29th Jan 2004, 15:38
Badmouthing both Mothers-in-law and Wives??????????
And just how long have you blokes had these death wishes hmmm???:E
You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Woodend1
30th Jan 2004, 04:10
Always good to read something funny in the morning. Nice one woofy;)