PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Caravan training

Paramount
29th Jan 2004, 00:14
Hi All,

With all those Caravans flying round in Africa, does anybody know a good place (not too expensive) where I can do some C-208 training - full course or individual hours.

I have my US and JAR ATPL but the training in Europe is just too expensive.

Many thanks.

George Tower
29th Jan 2004, 00:24
Hi there

I came across this website ages ago. I'm not recommending as I have no experience of them.

www.fosteraero.co.za

They claim to offer the C208 course at R21,000 +VAT @14%

May be some of the guys in the know can recommend them or not, but send them an email and see what they say.

Good Luck

GT

Solid Rust Twotter
29th Jan 2004, 21:35
Contact Naturelink at Wonderboom Airport, Pretoria. They own a flying school and I know of people who've done conversions there for around US$1200-00. I think this would be the cost if you already had a few hours of multi turbine time. The initial turbine conversion would cost a bit more. You should find them if you do a search and use a .co.za suffix.

Good Luck!

VP8
31st Jan 2004, 06:47
If I remember rightly from Pilot magazine last year the Cessna distributor in UK does courses with all the books etc

Sorry can't remember much else

VEEPS:ok:

31st Jan 2004, 15:07
You could always get in touch with the boys who operate these types.

Federal Air (http://www.fedair.com)

or

NAC (http://www.nac.co.za)

Try these for a start. Hope this helps.

Flying Bean
31st Jan 2004, 17:32
Robbie Robinson is a first class instructor.
Provided he gets at least 4 people together, he does a one day ground school followed by a days flying. Each pupil gets about hour & a half real flying including a good work out on landings
He tells me it comes in now about R8500- R10000 per pupil depending on the aircraft he hires.
He says getting a Van is a bit of a problem thes days.
His cell is 082 556 8705

Paramount
31st Jan 2004, 18:56
Thanks a lot for a the replies, gives me some material to investigate.

Paramount