PDA

View Full Version : Metabolism Herbal Tablets

mazzy1026
28th Jan 2004, 19:21
Has anybody ever used herbal metabolism pills that claim to boost metabolism ?

If so - did they work or are they a waste of time ?

I couldnt search for this because the search facility is disabled again.

Many thanks

Lee

gingernut
29th Jan 2004, 15:53
Sorry don't have any personal experience. What I can say, is, if the tablets are labelled "herbalism," then there will be very little evidence supporting their use.

This means that either

a) they won't work.

b) they will work

c) they could be dangerous

It is unlikely that (b), is the answer, otherwise the medical profession would use them. (Althought they dole out enough crap on a daily basis, at least it is evidence - based crap.)

(c) is possible, as it is unlikely that the medication requires a license. (and so could be adulterated)

Try them for a couple of months, post a message if you feel the same, feel as if your metablolism has been enhanced, or have turned yellow.

Scenic Route
29th Jan 2004, 20:15
Hi,

I tried this Detox thing last september part of which involved taking one sea kelp tablet a day which was supposed to help regulate the metabolism.

Could only find it in bottles of 500 tablets and was only doing the detox for a month so I have plenty still in the cupboard!

Can't actually confirm/deny that the kelpie stuff made any difference as the detox required lots of dietry changes but I didn't turn a funny colour or anything.

Though going 'cold turkey' off chocolate made me a ratty b-1tch.
:ooh:

Supposedly taking regular exercise is meant to increase your metabolic rate; but so far I've been unwilling to risk it;)

mazzy1026
29th Jan 2004, 21:18
Thanks SR

Yeah I take Boots own herbal tabs - they say they increase the metabolic rate - but hey - who knows !

A good speed food is honeydew melon which is suppose to do the same.

Building muscle is the best way to boost metabolism - but the downside is that it increases body weight - which is no good for me !

Cheers all

Lee :ok: