PDA

View Full Version : Orient Thai Hiring 757 pilots

xansutherland
28th Jan 2004, 17:09
Orient Thai is currently looking for 757 qualified pilots. Based in BKK, Thailand. 3000/mo for FO's 5000/mo for CA's. Per diem of 50 USD per day.

Must be type rated on the 757. Upgrade possibilities are quite good. This job is best suited for pilots with minimal ties back home. Anyone who has lived in Thailand would agree it is a great place to live and the cost of living is quite low.

757 time preferred but not required. Currency preferred but not required. The Thai DOA requires the Type Rating. Will consider pilots without 757 time if they have experience on comparable aircraft.

There are more details about this job on Climbto350.com

Xan Sutherland

vent
28th Jan 2004, 20:26
xansutherland,

For what i have seen in Orient Thai home page, this positions are
for Nationals only. copied below.

regards
vent

B-747, L-1011 and B-757 Pilots
Qualification - Thai Nationals with type rating:
Applicants must have a current type rating and 500 hours on type.
- Thai Nationals without type rating: conversion training provided.
Applicants must have at least 2,000 hours total on multi-engine, instrument rating and previous airline or airforce experience.
- Training Bond : Applicants selected for conversion training are required to provide a training bond for three years.
- All applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications.
- Thai national
- Good command pilot license and instrument rating
- Commercial pilot license and instrument rating
- Class 1 medical certificate
- Age commensurate with experience

kwaiyai
29th Jan 2004, 12:20
That looks the normal stuff they put on adverts, However how many 757 and 1011 current or not as the case maybe, local pilots are available. I would suggest they have to put Thai national to start with and if cannot fill positions then consider expat. Why else advertise on 350 etc.
Either way worth applying if interested, Chok Dee:ok:

Ivan Urge
29th Jan 2004, 21:08
Xan

Last time I looked into it they were paying Captains only USD4500 a month. Looks like they have had to rethink it.

Also you say USD50/day perdiem. Not having the privileges to access the 350 website, is that payable every day or just when on an overnight away from base?

Was interested before but got cold feet when I saw the salary; interested again if it has improved but I do have a question to ask of anyone actually living there and doin' it;

What is the cost of accomodation and what do you get for your money?

Thanks