PDA

View Full Version : Recognise flight training schools by CAAS in Melbourne n Nz.

Nismo
28th Jan 2004, 16:58
G'day guys,
Im very keen to go over to Nz/melbourne to take up a CPL and ATPL license to realise my passion for flying and hopefully eventually can work for an airline( SIA hopefully).Anyone here can provide me with the neccessary info? Or maybe apart from melbourne,there's "d" school out there that u guys wanna share with me.I have heard about Massey and the Aviaiton Degree it offers,it earns alot of positive feedbacks but financially,Im not sufficient. I'm from singapore and most likely will start applying with SIA first.Hope to hear from u guys out there soon.Really will appreciate if u guys can share your point of view as choosing the wrong school which offers course that is not so integrated will means burning our own pocket and getting no recognition. Happy flying....

cheers,
Nismo...

malaysian eaglet
30th Jan 2004, 16:24
Be careful about the fact not all licences are recognised by the Singapour Aviation Department and SIA. Take their advice before going anywhere

capt.zag
30th Jan 2004, 22:08
Nismo,

Why burn a hole in your pocket when the licence will not be recognized by CAAS? Since you want to join SIA, there is place much nearer to home. Malaysia Flying Academy in Malacca. Its licence is recognize and accepted by SIA. Most of its Malaysian and local pilots come from there if they are not in SIA cadet program. It has PPL to ATPL program. Worth trying there. Furthermore you could return home on weekends if you miss home that much.
So Good Luck:cool:

sq111
3rd Feb 2004, 12:08
Why burn a hole in your pocket? Join the SIA cadet pilot programme and save money. They pay you a monthly allowance and you learn to fly, plus if you make it, you'll get a job placement.

Only thing is you got to bond yourself for 7 years, that about it.

But in case you dun know, there are locals who left after 7 years for various reasons. Some don't even fly again...

You'll still be bonded after you pay for your own ATPL cos they need to send you for fleet conversion course!