PDA

View Full Version : IMC and multi training in South Africa

LondonJ
28th Jan 2004, 16:41
I have a PPL and am looking to go abroad to do multi and IMC ratings in September. As far as I am aware there is only one other school outside the UK and US that is CAA approved called the 'Flight Training College of Africa' based in South Africa. Has anyone ever trained there before? or does anyone know anything about it?
Thanks

FlyingForFun
28th Jan 2004, 17:16
Not been there, but I thought about doing my CPL there, so I've researched it. Do a search for "FTC" - there is definitely no shortage of opinions about this school on these forums.

FFF
--------------

LondonJ
28th Jan 2004, 17:46
Cheers, the general feeling is to avoid FTC like the plague. 43airschool seems be quite popular though, could I do a CAA multi and IMC course there?
I am also having a little trouble using there website www.43airschool.com (i.e. none of the links down the side work), is this just a problem for me?

silverknapper
28th Jan 2004, 20:50
Hi
Can't get the web page working either. Last I knew 43 weren't JAA approved, although they were trying to get approval. They are an excellent outfit, however I also heard that they are so busy they are booked up months in advance and only take people on full courses, not just for individual modules.
The FTC stuff is mostly true. They are a very unorganised, money grabbing lot with no real clue how to treat people. Also their multis are past it. IMHO by the time you get there it's not really that good value. Try bargaining for a deal here. And look around, you may be surprised.

SK

lfc
30th Jan 2004, 02:53
'LondonJ' i had similar problems with that site. It happens now and then, not all the time. Im planning on going to 43airschool after my alevels to start my training, cant wait! Just trying to put my head down in my final year of A-Levels.

LondonJ
30th Jan 2004, 16:41
What course(s) are you doing at 43 lfc?