View Full Version : commercial airlines

qfmike737
28th Jan 2004, 10:35
What's the best CIV airline you guys have ever flown?

Does Emirates live up to their reputation etc? What carriers do you get to go on?

Flytest
28th Jan 2004, 17:17
Been on a few, here's a quick run down

British Airways - OK, nothing to moan about, but not stunning.

KLM - Always late, aircraft seem to be filthy, malfunctioning junk, especially 747's.

Virgin - OK as long as you are homosexual.

Emirates - The absolute cats pyjamas, superb.

Royal Brunei - Say your prayers....

Gulf - no amount of money will get me back on their planes.

British European - Fine, no dramas.

Easyjet - Like your local bus.

Emirates best by miles.. on time, clean, good food, excellent service and the hottest looking trolley dollies on the planet.:E

I hasten to add before any KLM crews start giving me verbal, I speak as I find, and this is only my humble yet homophobic opinion, based on MY experiences. Sorry Virgin, but vagina decliners and todger dodgers hogging the west coast USA flights are getting you a dodgy reputation.

Avoiding Action
29th Jan 2004, 01:20
Singapore Airlines seem pretty good.

Flew on Air France 10 yrs ago...won't make that mistake again:ugh:

MobiusTrip
29th Jan 2004, 11:03
Best:

Singapore Airlines - Fantastic in all respects (provided someone else is paying the bill of course).

Worst, by an unfathomably large margin:

Ryanair - I mean, they, it's, how....words fail me.

qfmike737
29th Jan 2004, 17:20
Once again Emirates have lived up to their reputation!!!

I know this might sound silly but sometimes you can't actually blame the airline for it's food quality. I mean they are responsible to an extent but certain ports are contracted by airliens in catering. Some ports have a bad reputation and any airline that HAS to use it because it's the only service around has to suffer wearing it. So you technically can't blame the airline for the poor quality or limited variety. If they could improve it they would.

As far as dirty aircraft are concerned it could also be because of the same reasons..some ports dont have properply trained cabin cleaners or equipment...however...LATE planes mean bodgy cleans..because they have less time to clean them.

Catering Singapore and Emirates is a bitch to do...they are sooo FUSSY and FANTASTIC!!! belive me...I know.