PDA

View Full Version : CPL qualifying X-country

buzzc152
28th Jan 2004, 05:32
Hi all

Quick question on CPL qualifying x-country flight : Is this flight usually undertaken during hour building or as part of the CPL 25 hour course ?

Also, does the student need to get signed proof of landing from the a/d's visited as with PPL x-country ?

THanks

NineEighteen
28th Jan 2004, 05:51
QXC is not part of the CPL course. I did it during hour building.

As I understand it, you do not need to get proof of arrival. It's assumed that you are telling the truth; as you would be for any other flight that you log. I made a note of the round trip distance in my logbook.

If the CAA wish to check up, there are ways of doing that.

Good luck :ok:

Harves
29th Jan 2004, 08:48
Clear one here buzz,

Absolutely do it in your hour building as with your night rating if you don't have it.

Incidentially, when I did mine, weather delayed me and missed my arrival at Nottingham, so got East Mids to pick me up on radar and give me a tape that could be checked by CAA if required then just landed at one of my local fields to give me the required landings.

Have fun hour building and make the most of it.

Harves

buzzc152
31st Jan 2004, 16:56
Thanks chaps

I'm coming towards the end of my hour building now.

Another quick question though. Does the qualifying x-country have to be done all in one day or could I do it over a weekend ? I suppose as long as the requirements of distance travelled and and a/d's visited are fufilled you could do it at over as long a time as you like ? (as long as it all in the same flight i.e 3 sectors one after the other)

THanks

Malcolm G O Payne
31st Jan 2004, 17:43
It is a some eighteen months since I was retired by Oxford, but it certainly used to be that the trip should be done in one day uless weather or tech problems prevented it. I don't think deliberate stretching is allowed.
Best wishes anyway

FlyingForFun
2nd Feb 2004, 16:46
The QXC does not have to be done in one day. (What if you do it at night, and happen to be in the air at midnight, for example?)

I did mine overnight - flew from Phoenix to Las Vegas, with a stop along the way, one day, spent the evening in Las Vegas (trying not to loose the money that I needed to pay for the aircraft hire!) and flew back the next day. Didn't seem to cause me any problems when I applied for my CPL.

I think a bit of common sense is required, though. I doubt you could fly each leg two weeks apart and still claim that it is one flight.

FFF
----------------

Harves
4th Feb 2004, 08:06
As FlyoingforFun says, common sense required, however it is or was clear that the only excuse for a next day continuation was WX as Malcom said, across midnight is somewhat different....especially if you don't have your night rating!!!!

Enjoy....Harves