BWIA (http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5023110.html) :ok: :ok: :ok:

kpiko3
28th Jan 2004, 00:22
Long Haul returns to PIK.

Any Better:-) :-)

Kpiko3

MAN777
28th Jan 2004, 20:08
Hope PIK has a very large jail nearby for all the female drug couriers that this flight will generate.

Styal at MAN is full of them !!

no, no, no
28th Jan 2004, 20:27
strange the chose PIK instead of GLA though - unless they think the costs will make it better!!

also coincidence (??) that they struggled to get an aircraft for ages, so operated their MAN flight on a charter aircraft week in week out, then bmi say they're going to the Caribbean from MAN, now all of a sudden BW have their new aircraft, bring on a second MAN flight and now start PIK? What next? BFS? DUB? Seems like they're getting in the markets before BD do!!!

Will the PIK be direct both ways, or will it go via MAN in one direction?

Bagso
28th Jan 2004, 22:43
..dont think they would have rights out of Glasgow.

and surely they would not get an A340 full length off GLA's runway ?

Incidentally when most of the bilateral agreements were drawn up after the war the desiganated gateways were "anywhere in London"and Prestwick.

Its only fairly recently that this was overturned and only then on an individual basis...!

kpiko3
29th Jan 2004, 06:01
no,no,no

Hopefully direct now that they have two A340`s.
PIK might now be in the long-haul game if BWIA can prove it a success,who knows who else we could see at Prestwick.

Kpiko3

Jed A1
31st Jan 2004, 00:58
Second A340 ex Virgin, still with the Virgin interior.

BWIA Financially screwed.

Branson sniffing around BWIA.

Interesting times!

kpiko3
1st Feb 2004, 04:29
Give it time,is it not Late februrary the ex VS A340 is meant to go in service.Surely BWIA could get a new interior in by then.

kpiko3

no, no, no
2nd Feb 2004, 17:30
Branson sniffing round BW?????? I don't think the T&T government would let it, plus I don't think Branson is stupid enough to invest money in a huge loss maker!! They are alreadys a big enough player in the Caribbean to not need the support of BW surely???? The only bit of interest I suppoe would be LHR slots, but they wouldn't go on Caribbean routes but become a new VS frequency to New York for example.