PDA

View Full Version : easyjet

iagree
27th Jan 2004, 14:41
What's going on at ezy? I see that they are looking for a crewing manager and rostering manager. who has been pushed out now?

They change their staff more than the weather

Banzai Eagle
30th Jan 2004, 22:16
iagree

are you sure? where is the advert???

Homer Jay
31st Jan 2004, 00:14
Have a look at UKOMA.org

opsbod
31st Jan 2004, 23:02
In response to iagree's post things are not in anyway bad. There were in fact 2 positions advertised on Flight International's website, Crewing Manager & Intermediate Rostering Manager. I'll try to explain about both to put some rumours to rest.

Over 9 months ago easyJet advertised for a Crewing manager, of the candidates who applied one was selected and offered the position. However, his present employers sought to keep him and made an offer he could not refuse so he did not join. As a result one of the two Crewing Team Managers has been acting as crewing manager for the last 6 months.

It has now been recognised that to build further on the growth and progress the crewing team have made over the last 6 to 9 months it is necessary to provide permanent leadership. As a plc easyJet is required to exercise due diligence in recruiting for a position such as crewing manager and so the position was re-advertised externally as well as internally. I understand that the recruitment process should be completed over the next few weeks.

The position of Intermediate Rostering Manager is a new post and will allow the concentration of effort in the next step in the crew supply chain. By best management of the rosters between issue and delivery to the crewing team 48hours prior to day of operation the company should be able to better manage the crew resource, reduce costs and provide greater roster stability.

Hope all this helps provide some clarity.

bacardi walla
1st Feb 2004, 04:33
I heard that a certain female from Scot Airways has applied for the Intermediate Rostering Manager's job - oh dear is all I will say !:p

The Grooover
2nd Feb 2004, 18:05
Oh dear on dear oh dear indeed Bacardi.

Do you have a problem with a woman in what some may percieve to be a 'bloke' environment, particularly one, who, if its the individual your rather personal attack indicates, is damn good at her job and respected by fellow collegues and her employer immensly ??

You really do youself no favours whatsover with this type of post, as you should really know by now that the perception of most is that those doing the 'personal' attacking on here usually are the ones who feel most threatened, or who themselves are, well not quite up to the job, as if they were, then they would feel rather above giving their negatve opinions of others, most of us left that behind in the playground !!

Mr Angry from Purley
3rd Feb 2004, 01:27
Opsbod

90% correct, the person mentioned felt it was a "poisoned chalice" and he would have more chance of surviving in the long term with his present employer.
Being a Crewing Manager is like being a Fotball Manager, one minute your the flavour of the month and the next minute your out.
Guess EZY are the Leeds United of Airlines then...

:\

opsbod
3rd Feb 2004, 04:36
Fotball - is that some obscure Eastern European game? :D

Seriously though, I don't believe being a manager at easyJet is that bad, although crewing managers industry wide might want to disagree.

I have to say that I think the season has gone well for us so far, no own goals, a couple of good saves, we've been no worse than others and I don't see us as propping up the Premier league.

bacardi walla
3rd Feb 2004, 14:44
The Grooover this person is obviously not the one I had in mind and thus, I retract my comment for the sake of good order. And there is no way I feel threatened, for the record.

And for the same record, I have no problem at all with a woman doing what is percieved to be a mans job. IMHO if someone can do the job and do it well (there's a difference between the 2), then it doesn't matter if that person is a he or a she. It's the end result that matters.

I will post what I like though, it's an open forum after all.

BONDMAN
4th Feb 2004, 12:10
Leeds United of Airlines .... have you checked out the share price lately :D :D :D

Crewing Doctor
4th Feb 2004, 23:07
'Poisened Chalice' Mr Angry, where do you get your information from? To quote Swiss Tony, being a Crewing Manager is much like making love to a beautiful woman, no matter what you do she is still not satisfied.

The reason the person turned down Easyjet was not the fear of it being a poisened chalice, it was not money as they offer much more than his present employer, it was quality of life. He thought that LTN was commutable and it is not and he now works from home one day per week.

I know that this is only a rumour network but you can damage peoples reputations inaccurate posts.

Seaton Approach
5th Feb 2004, 03:44
Hey Grooover!

Where you been mate........?

Sounds like you're getting soft in your old age judging by those complimentary words.

Mr Angry from Purley
7th Feb 2004, 03:37
Crewing Doc
Heard it second hand from a Welshman!.
Sincere apologies if inaccurate post.

Bondman - not talking £, trying to relate someone taking the job on .

Good luck to those who apply :\

Banzai Eagle
24th Feb 2004, 23:38
Ops Bod

Have these jobs been filled yet?

opsbod
24th Feb 2004, 23:40
No announcements yet.

bacardi walla
25th Feb 2004, 01:53
I hear a rather nice looking Crewing Girl has just resigned from EZY. What's occuring :confused:

Little Blue
25th Feb 2004, 16:13
Now we've just lost a rather nice-looking lady from bmi ops to Easy ops....can we do a swap?
;)