PDA

View Full Version : Pik - Boh

Findo
26th Jan 2004, 21:29
I thought this service was doing well after all the publicity about the 50'000th pax etc.

As from 24th Feb it reduces from twice to once daily. :(

A bit of a pain because we use it a lot for access to the South Coast. Moving to middle of the day will certainly cause us problems and expense.

moku
26th Jan 2004, 22:15
I flew this route this weekend Returning Monday Morning. The flight was far from full, both ways. Not what I would have thought for a Flight first thing on a monday morning. The first 8 rows were blocked out (W&B reasons) and even then I had the row to myself both sides of the Isle. Flight up was also virtually empty.

Cabin crew both ways were the most misarable I have ever come across. Not a smile or a greating from any, eye contact was not even made just a shout from the Galley not to sit in the first 8 rows as you walked through the door.

The good thing about it was that it was cheap £1.25 each way plus taxes. (So I won't complain too much) Next time I will go out of SOU..greater flight selection etc... Either a 40-50 min drive this end or that end, so it works out even.

sparkymarky
26th Jan 2004, 23:12
Where will the aircraft be reassigned to? Presumably either a new route or an extra rotation on another route?

MARKEYD
26th Jan 2004, 23:44
YEP ITS A REAL SHAME ABOUT THE ROUTE , ITS GOING BACK TO A MID AFTERNOON SHEDULE FROM MID FEB I BELIEVE

BOURNEMOUTH JUST DOES SEEME TO BE CURSED WITH BAD LUCK AS REGARDS TO BOTH SCHEDULED AND CHARTER FLIGHTS

LATEST DISAPPOINTMENT IS MY TRAVEL CANCELLING A SEEMINGLY FULL TENERIFE PROGRAMME THIS SUMMER ALONG WITH A CRETE SERVICE , NOT TO MENTION THE CANCELLED MALAGA , MAHON AND PALMA SERVICES LAST YEAR

UNFORTUNATLY NO SOONER DOES THE AIRPORT ANNOUNCE ALL OF THESE SERVICES THERE PULLED WITH VERY LITTLE TIME TO PROMOTE THEM , ALL THE MAJOR TOUR OPERATORS PREFER SOUTHAMPTON AND EXETER SO REALLY NO ONE HAS GIVEN BOURNEMOUTH MUCH OF A CHANCE AND IT SEEMS TO GO FROM YEAR TO YEAR LIKE THIS

ITS NOT ALL GLOOM AS BATH TRAVEL BASE 2 737 OPERATED BY PALMAIR TO ALL THE USUAL PLACES BUT THIS IS VERY MUCH A NICHE MARKET AND THEY DO SEEM TO HAVE A MONOPLY WITH BEING THE ONLY TRAVEL AGENT IN THE AREA

PREHAPS THE NEW AIRPORT MANAGER CAN REALLY START TO PROMOTE AND PUSH BOH IN 2004

Frankfurt_Cowboy
26th Jan 2004, 23:51
Oh dear, not good. And it was all going so well, looks like something's recently arrived at BOH which has brought nothing but bad luck, knocked the feng shui for six. Wonder what it could be?

moku
27th Jan 2004, 01:02
It must be me!!
Bad luck and aviation seem to follow me around the world.

Oh I arrived in BOH last year. So the time scale looks about right!
;)

XSBaggage
27th Jan 2004, 01:13
The PIK-BOH route seems mainly to be leisure travellers and older people. If your journey was not time-sensitive would you choose a 0600 check in time at PIK? Possibly better for BOH if a nearly full 737 operates daily than 2 almost empty ones. Still, BOH should be doing much better and I can't for the life of me come up with a reasonable explanation why it is still so quiet.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
27th Jan 2004, 05:00
Ok, I've done a bit of digging around and I can confirm that my worst suspicions are in fact correct. It would appear that with the departure of the final commercial service from Sheffield City airport, HSBC removed their cash machine in order to re-site it. That machine sat in storage, waiting for the right location to become available, a little airport with some potential and pensioners wanting access to their cash. That site has been found, but unfortunately Bournemouth International Airport rather than gaining a popular amenity for the travelling public, have installed the CASH MACHINE OF DOOM. Abandon hope all ye who put your cards in her.