PDA

View Full Version : Singapore no.1 in world

mk1eyeball
25th Jan 2004, 22:59
singapore has achieved the dubious position of being the top of the world , first place , highest level........
for 'Hanging' as capital punishment.
population of approx. 4 million
400 hangings last year.
1 in 10,000.
the uk would have to hang 6000 citizens to achieve those odds.
Amnesty Int figures form article in last weeks times.

:ooh:

topman999
25th Jan 2004, 23:39
mk1eyeball,
What the hell has this got to do with aviation ??? Instead of trying to rake up ficticious rumours about Singapore, do something more constructive or nothing at all. Even if what you say is true with a degree of magnitude, why are posting it here ? Such irrelevant nonsense :rolleyes:

CAL New Breed
26th Jan 2004, 03:19
here here!!!! grow up man. a totally foolish post that has nothing to do with aviation regardless of the politics in your airline.

John Barnes
26th Jan 2004, 07:41
Get your numbers right Mike!!! Singapore had 11 (eleven) death penalties in 2003. What this has to do with PPRUNE is a mist for me ,but at least these are the official amnesty figures!!!So can we now get back to the more pressing problems such as CA, paycut restoration, A345 CA , ect ect.

Jim Morehead
26th Jan 2004, 14:56
It could be that some of the hangings were pilots and this is the way to reduce pilot staff!

southernmtn
26th Jan 2004, 16:29
I thought that when pilots in SIN were paid peanuts; and although their country's leaders were not paid peanuts but are still monkeys, it was a sure indication that the Year of the Monkey had dawned on SIN; but this posting by Mk1 takes the cake. I am sure Mk1 stands for Monkey One.

HotDog
26th Jan 2004, 18:04
Well, I don't know but when you are hanging by your neck, you are definitely not in contact with the ground; so it's kind of flying, isn't it?

mk1eyeball
26th Jan 2004, 20:42
you can have some fun with open pages on logged -in sites.:E

Slasher
2nd Feb 2004, 15:16
I think youll find mk1eyeball is closer to the truth Barnesy. 11 hangings are what the Reich papers would have you believe. The figure of course is much higher, although Ive heard 462 in 2003 from some quarters last time I overnighted SIN.

Interesting fact that not all foriegn drug traffrickers etc are hanged, but simpley banned from the place forever. Aparentley if they were all strung up, the numbers would be so alarmingley high that everyone would be too scared to go there.

PS here in Nam they executed (shot) 3,367 last year for varius offenses, including rape. 218 foriegn drug trafickers too!

millerscourt
2nd Feb 2004, 19:04
I think you will find that whatever the true numbers are, they are going to increase quite soon as the Senile Minister according to Straits Times ( so it must be true!!??) is personally going to take over the negotiations for renewal of the CA which has expired.

In view of his recent threats to " knock heads together" expect some hangings as well to get the Pilots in line once and for all!!

If the deal is along the same lines as Silk Air it will involve getting back the recent paycut as the new basic salary in effect making SQ Pilots by the end of the CA on the same Salary for 10 Years!!! Even less when taking into consideration the PF 10% which was cancelled in November and no doubt will never be restored.

With a sinking Singapore Dollar not a place to consider as a place to move to as a Pilot.