PDA

View Full Version : Hydro = History?????

captaincrunchie
25th Jan 2004, 05:58
Hello Chaps,

Rumour has it that Hydro Air are now under "judicial managment"...........? I believe most of the staff are looking for new jobs. Any truth to this?

Comments anybody?

CC

gema
27th Jan 2004, 01:34
Hydro Air - The final demise

Yes the company is being placed under judicial managment. The application is at the Master of the Supreme court. I do not know the detail of what that all entails other than:

- some 40 plus pilots/flight engineers/engineers/loadmasters/ops staff and office staff are out of work.
- some of have already started work, others are waiting for a call up with various outfits. All are looking for work.
- all are sad and nostalgic about a company they helped build which can no longer support itself.
- the last full paycheck was for Dec 2003. A partial payout for Jan 2004 is expected.
- The "judicial management" will now try and salvage what they can.

There is still no difinitive from the insurance as to the "economic viability" of the aircraft. Various companies have been to LOS to assess the damage and repairability of same at LOS.

No1&2 engines are extensively damaged. The inboard port flaps are badly damaged and the port wing gear was ripped out so that also needs replacement. The hull has holes in it where loose tarmac punctured it. What is still not known is if the pressure hull is damaged and if so how badly.

There is no more to be gained by speculating about the causes of this accident. There will be an enquiry of which the SA CAA will be part. The SA CAA have already had an inspector on site. We can only await their findings.

Once again to all those who have supported us, I wish to thank-you. My time at Hydro is over. We had good times, bad times and now no more times.

Mouse,Tannie,Monster,Morning Glory, Bugsmasher, Dwergie, Meerkat, Mad-bull,Muscles, Breebors and all of the Oomies, I wish you and yours everything of the best for the furture. Already our paths are crossing. We can all be proud of what we achieved and we need never bow our heads. We did what others dream of - we made it happen.

As was the last Beetle song - "Let it be"

Cheers
Gema aka Pallet

:ugh: :ouch: :ok:

27th Jan 2004, 03:12
Sad to see this happen just because some t:mad: t in LOS couldn't do his job. Unfortunately business can't go on if you have no aircraft. What about getting another aircraft, or even leasing one while the search for a replacement is on? Surely there must have been enough pending contracts to warrant such action............unless there weren't.
Still, a sad story. I hope that those who lost their jobs may find greener grass and brighter horizons.

Solid Rust Twotter
27th Jan 2004, 03:25
Africa wins again.....:(