PDA

View Full Version : Easy to pull out of EMA ?

biggles003
25th Jan 2004, 04:02
Hello All,
My first post - could turn out to be a nasty rumor.
Reading CH-Aviation it says "easyJet (U2/London Luton) -- It is reportedly planning to give up its base at East Midlands airport."
Anyone got info on this?
Source: http://www.ch-aviation.ch/news.php?start=20
Bye

737James
25th Jan 2004, 11:29
It may be true im not sure but on the other side I have heard that EMA is going to be the next uk base to get the a319s after LGW so i think its just rumours at present.
The loads i've seen at ema have always been quite good especially on the Scottish routes and timeshare routes no further expansion has been forthcoming for summer 04 but no cutbacks.

Helen49
25th Jan 2004, 15:46
Perhaps EZY are preparing to set up base at Finningley??

billyg
25th Jan 2004, 18:19
Or even purpose-built Glasgow T2?

unwiseowl
25th Jan 2004, 19:09
I find it amusing that most of Easy's employee's are unaware of the plans for a Finningly base. They have been putting a lot of management time into the project.

Buster the Bear
25th Jan 2004, 22:36
biggles003, I have also been informed of the same, but from a different source. All to do with not making enough money from this base?

EastMids
26th Jan 2004, 01:11
...which, if it were to happen, would no doubt be very rapidly followed by bmiBaby pulling out too, claiming that low-cost operations from Nottingham East Midlands were uneconomic. Me, cynical? Surely not!

Andy

HOODED
26th Jan 2004, 02:59
EZY at Finningley! Well that puts paid to the theory that they will buy out Jet 2 to get into an established Yorkshire market then. Time will tell, maybe they will end up operating out of Yorkshire North and Yorkshire South, plus of course Yorkshire West (LPL) Oh no thats a RYR ploy.:}

737James
26th Jan 2004, 12:42
EastMids
I don't think you will find Baby pulling out of Ema just yet especially if Ezy do decide to close the base from end of the summer.
If it all remains as it is as i would expect. Ezy always seem to have good loads whenever ive looked. i would not though rule out some changes next year for Baby with the rumour of Ams, Cdg,Bcn and Bfs reverting back to Bmi regional with Fokker 100s with Baby focussing on the leisure/ holiday market with a couple of extra routes.

Tudor
26th Jan 2004, 21:06
Was looking on the ezy staff website this morning and a mouthpiece from easyland claims there is absolutely no truth in the above rumour whatsoever and that EMA is integral to ezy's plans etc etc.

So that settles that one then............or does it?!?!