PDA

View Full Version : India Scene

aerogull
25th Jan 2004, 01:33
Hi there!

Anyone know what the aviation scene is like in India these days? Are any of the carriers hiring or looking to hire within the next year or so? Any info will be appreciated.

Cheers

Bang
25th Jan 2004, 06:14
What sort of information do you need on Indian Aviation? and recruitment concerned?

aerogull
25th Jan 2004, 12:58
Are any of the airlines looking to hire pilots in the near future? I have around 1900 hours and was wondering what the possibility was for getting on as a first officer with one of them. I do hold Indian citizenship, just not residing in India at the moment.

Thanks for any info.

Bang
26th Jan 2004, 19:28
I was told with the expansion of Domestic air line net work to regional and international market,the need for pilots for carriers such as JETAIRWAYS and SAHARA is greater than before. however for a break at AIR INDIA AND INDIAN AIRLINES,you must have some sort of connections.(sad).

A pilot friend of mine,who wanted to join AIR INDIA was thoroughly dissapointed,at the interview,as the whole process was all about "who do you know" and "whats your father doing" sort of questions.he gave up working for India completly and wanted to join QR.finaly he made it to EMIRATES and today he is a comander.

Coming back to your main point-I do not know at this stage. I know lots of people connected to domestic scene,and I assure you I will get back to you with details required.meantime log on to www.jetairways.com and you might be able to get some answers you need.

Good Luck!

aerogull
27th Jan 2004, 09:47
Thanks for the help Bang. Hope to hear from you at your convenience.

teghjeet
27th Jan 2004, 12:42
Hi, You have not mentioned your type. and Lic viz atpl/cpl and whether indian issue or what. All that may make a difference

aerogull
28th Jan 2004, 06:47
Hi teghjeet. I have a Canadian ATPL with close to 500 hours of multi pilot in command (PIC). Sorry for not posting this earlier. Thank you for your input.

aerogull
1st Feb 2004, 10:26
Anyone else have any news/info?

ronnie123
1st Feb 2004, 15:23
AERO
is your time airline time or Flt. inst. time. Makes all the diff. Coz there are about a few 100 ATPL guy/girls sitting at home.

Also who you know ... not what you know is the only thing that works in Indian aviation.
Make sure you get Indian ATPL before you can apply for job.
all the best.......

aerogull
1st Feb 2004, 23:45
Thanks for the info ronnie.

A thought that comes to my mind is if these people with ATPL's in India looking for a job all have 500 multi PIC? (whether that be through flight instructing or charter etc.) Some of my friends who I know are flying in India, have advised me to come back with an ATPL and with as much multi time as possible. Sure the airline/charter time is invaluable but doesn't the multi-IFR instruction time count for anything? Just my two cents.

Thanks once again.

ronnie123
4th Feb 2004, 10:20
the multi-IFR instruction time count for anything? ....Sure it does, It will help you a lot.

What you really need to do is TRY and get Indian ATPL, check AI web site, they are taking second officers now.