PDA

View Full Version : JAR ATPL Advice

flyhardmo
24th Jan 2004, 20:46
Hi guys/gals
This subject has probably come up a million times but i only have access to the net for very few mins at a time so i cant browse everything. Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a flight school to do my JAR ATPL by distance learning. I Already have >500hrs multi and hold an aussie CPL/IR. I heard that a bloke called Alex Whittingham (not sure if its spelt right) is quite good but i dont know which school that is. I sent an email to oxford but they probably have too many students as they didnt even have the courtesy to reply. Some people make too much money. Anyway any advice would be welcome. Cheers

spitfire747
24th Jan 2004, 21:38
Alex is an instructor at Bristol Ground School and they have an excellent reputation for distance learning courses. I was at a different school but Alex helped me out with performance.

http://www.bristol.gs

If you email he will call or mail back soonest.

Other schools i know do a decent diatnce learning program are

Naples Air Centre, Florida USA (www.naples-air-center.com)London Metropolitan University (www.londonmet.ac.uk)
Oxford
Cabair

Best fo Luck
Spitty

deTrix75
25th Jan 2004, 03:06
First you recommend Bristol spitfire, but did you not attend LMU? Why do you not recommend the school you attended first?

deTrix

Send Clowns
25th Jan 2004, 03:29
We also do one at BCFT, as do GTS (both in Bournemouth). Obviously I would recommend ours, but GTS are very good too, and terribly nice people. Alex is a top chap.

deTrix

He was answering the question of where Alex could be found. What is to say he prefered LMU, just because he ended up there? Maybe later contact with Alex persuaded him.

deTrix75
25th Jan 2004, 06:07
Ofcourse Clowns, thank you :)

spitfire747
25th Jan 2004, 23:47
detrix

I attended LMU but doesn't mean i think it was the best and i was a resident student not DL.

From what I have heard, read and seen BGS is better for DL than LMU and for personal reasons i will not post on a public forum.

Cheers
Spitty

flyhardmo
29th Jan 2004, 15:44
thanks spitfire.
Sorry it took ages for the reply but like i said i dont get on that often when im on contract. I will contact both LMU and Bristol. Alot of mates have recommended BGS and said Alex is very good.
Will let u know when i complete. Tx again, all the best in flying