PDA

View Full Version : Flying Cover on Life Insurance

Gunship
24th Jan 2004, 20:12
Lo boys and gals flying the skies together over Africa.

Gunnsss has a problem.

Yes Gunnss will fly again very soon ... but Gunsss's life insurance company (BOE LIFE) made him sign that his life insurance will not pay out if he dies in an air crash outside the SA borders.

Help Gunns and tell me what do other Saffers do when they fly outside the borders.

So any of you have contacts who I can mail please ?

All / any help will be appreciated please.

Take care out there :D

Gunsss :ok:

Flying Bean
25th Jan 2004, 20:22
Hi Gunns,
We had a similar sort of problem when it came to operating our Caravan in DRC. It boils down to the relative Underwritters (often in UK) not understanding or having enough background information about the conditions in areas of Africa outside of RSA.
I think your best bet is to contact an underwritter/broker who knows Africa really well from a Hull Insurance point of view and then ask THEM to give you a contact in the Life Insurance field.
I have been told that SA Eagle have good African knowledge, but I don't have any contacts.
I will toss the question into the Jankelow office on Monday and see what response I get.
Kindly stay alive until then!!
Cheers KD

orgasmotron
25th Jan 2004, 22:21
Had same sshhhh.... The following guy might help. He brokers for Momentum and knows aviation. His name is (Edited out ) He is based is JHB. Good luck.

A complaint has been received concerning the content. If you want to pass on a specific recommendation please e-mail or PM the recipient.

B Sousa
25th Jan 2004, 22:28
Flying bean hit the nail on the Head. Go to a Broker that specializes in this stuff. Major Insurance Companies will not deal with you directly anyway. Brokers get paid to do this so let them earn their piece of the Pie.
BUT, I thought you were Gods Gift to Avaition, so why Insurance??
I should be in town between for the month of Feb if your back in SA. I will be bringing some Jack Daniels that you dont see over there.....NO TASSIES.

Gunship
26th Jan 2004, 18:28
Good morning all.

Tx a lot for the replies (sorry was away this weekend).

I will contact Mr Campbell and Eagle aviation.

Bert we do have Jack mate - plenty :ok:

Sadly I can not join you as I am back on the equator :D

If any mailed me - ple re-mail as our SP "lost " all mail over the weekend. :sad:

B Sousa
26th Jan 2004, 22:15
But have you tasted Gentleman Jack...................

Gunship
27th Jan 2004, 05:13
I'll stick with Ladies - thanks ;)

TimS
27th Jan 2004, 05:54
Gentrlemen Jack is for - well ???? Gentlemen or worse !!!!

Real Men drink No.7

Long time no hear Guns

francois marais
27th Jan 2004, 19:50
:E :yuk: :mad: I'm not surprised a complaint was received. (as per Jetrdiver's edited posting)

The insurance folkies here in SA belongs to a "Mafiosa" like cartel, and they surely don't want anyone asking questions about them, or interfering with their business. The brokers all use the same few underwriters here in SA, and if the SA underwriters can't cope with it, it is normally placed in London with the famous "you know who".

Have you ever wondered why they call a guy who handles your money affairs a broker??? At some stage of the game, he's gonna "broke" you boy!

Leave these SA jokers alone Gunns, and get on with dealing with reputable people who has your interest as a pilot, working in the hell holes of the world, at heart. PM me, and I will give you valuable gen.

Seeya:ok:

Jel
29th Jan 2004, 16:18
Little over-reacting dont you think? While you say that the insurance industry in SA is run by mafia-like organisations the same could be said for worldwide. Not true - simple as that. Reality is that the insruance companys are only as good as their re-assurers and there are only a handfull worldwide! They are all using the same ones:O