PDA

View Full Version : New Service to Manchester

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
23rd Jan 2004, 21:27
Manchester Evening News has today confirmed Syrian Air to start 2 weekly service to Damascus

Golf India Bravo

BEST L/CONTROLLER
24th Jan 2004, 07:07
Great news for MAN,.....

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

TURIN
24th Jan 2004, 21:38
What type are they operating?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
24th Jan 2004, 22:54
Can`t answer that at present but I believe the flight is an extension of the Heathrow service, which at present is operated twice a week by B747 and one by A320.

Don`t really mind what it is but B747SP would be nice quite rare nowdays

I think there will be quite a good market from Manchester as there is a large ethnic population for the middle east in general
and would think it would pick up quite a lot of the Iranian and Iraqi pax (which will grow as thing settle down over there)

Good luck to them and after all it will never work if you don`t try it

Golf India Bravo

Bagso
25th Jan 2004, 17:22
i'd heard it was a A320 as an extention of Brussels which has underperfomed....

although a split sector A320 hardly seems viable does it !

**777lover**
25th Jan 2004, 17:28
Would the planes depart from LHR 1/2 full then pick up the rest at manchester? Would they turnaround the plane quickly at LHR get it airbourne to MAN fill it up return and fill the rest? Or would they not have any passengers from LHR and just use it exclusivly for Manchester passengers? I hope you understand my query!!! :)

Thanks Dave :ok:

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
25th Jan 2004, 17:39
B777lover

I would have thought if it is the LHR flight it would operate in a triangle ie: DAM-LHR-MAN-DAM

Bagso

Not heard this one but who knows, many years ago Syrian used to split the Copenhagen service with a stop at Athens so if the fares are right I don`t see why this option shouldn`t work

Golf India Bravo